May 5, 2012, 5:44 PM EDT
Gonzalez was injured on a successful steal of second base in the second inning and was replaced by Cesar Izturis. He’ll undergo an MRI on the knee and could land on the DL with Gomez on Sunday.
Shortstop has been a big problem in the Milwaukee organization since J.J. Hardy was traded. Izturis can still pick it pretty well, but he hasn’t had an extra-base hit since 2010 (truly, he hasn’t). Behind him is the defensively challenged Brooks Conrad, so the Brewers almost certainly will need to make a move for a shortstop if Gonzalez is going to miss more than a couple of days. Calling up Edwin Maysonet from Triple-A is the likely choice.
- Shoeless Joe Jackson is not being reinstated 48
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 62
- Cubs acquire Austin Jackson from Mariners 22
- Unknown Cuban ballplayer sleeps outside of Dodger Stadium, hoping for a tryout 32
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 74
- Jake Arrieta no-hits the Dodgers with 12 strikeouts 32
- Blue Jays will name Mark Shapiro as the new team president 31
- Lance Lynn expects to make next scheduled start despite suffering ankle injury Saturday 2
- Sarah Palin sticks up for Curt Schilling, tells ESPN to “stick to sports” (266)
- Dan Patrick: When does ESPN cut ties with Curt Schilling? (201)
- Curt Schilling taken off of Little League World Series duty for making a really bad tweet (170)
- Curt Schilling taken off of ESPN’s Sunday Night Baseball telecast this week (134)
- Phillies announcer calls Mets fans “obnoxious” (124)