May 5, 2012, 10:15 PM EDT
Milwaukee’s pro ballplayers are dropping like flies.
This according to the Milwaukee Journal Sentinel.
Gomez was diagnosed Friday night with a left hamstring strain. He should be fully recovered once his 15 days are up. Gonzalez is waiting for the swelling in his right knee to subside so that he can undergo an MRI exam. The belief is that he suffered a serious injury while sliding into second base during Saturday’s 5-2 loss to the Giants.
Gomez, 26, is batting .280 with an .801 OPS and five stolen bases in 54 plate appearances this year as the Brewers’ part-time center fielder. Gonzalez, 35, was hitting .250/.318/.450 in 88 plate appearances.
- Orioles finally lose a game when leading after seven 0
- Joey Votto reaches base six times as Reds rout Phillies 5
- Troy Tulowitzki says he wasn’t accusing Madison Bumgarner of cheating 6
- Quote of the Day: Brian Cashman is keeping Ben Francisco around to “piss everybody off” 28
- Report: Mets considering demoting Ike Davis 4
- Oxbow upsets Orb in Preakness
- PBT Pacers top Knicks, punch ticket to conf. finals
- MST: Carpenter wins pole for 97th Indianapolis 500
- PHT: Couture strikes in OT, lifting Sharks in Game 3
- PHT: Red Wings even up series with Blackhawks
- PBT: Pacers may not have Hill for Game 6
- PHT: No surgery needed for Staal after brutal hit