May 5, 2012, 10:15 PM EDT
Milwaukee’s pro ballplayers are dropping like flies.
This according to the Milwaukee Journal Sentinel.
Gomez was diagnosed Friday night with a left hamstring strain. He should be fully recovered once his 15 days are up. Gonzalez is waiting for the swelling in his right knee to subside so that he can undergo an MRI exam. The belief is that he suffered a serious injury while sliding into second base during Saturday’s 5-2 loss to the Giants.
Gomez, 26, is batting .280 with an .801 OPS and five stolen bases in 54 plate appearances this year as the Brewers’ part-time center fielder. Gonzalez, 35, was hitting .250/.318/.450 in 88 plate appearances.
- Nationals place Stephen Strasburg on the 15-day disabled list with neck tightness 0
- Jerry Dior, designer of MLB’s iconic logo, has passed away 8
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 21
- Tony Cingrani hits Bryce Harper in the back with a pitch, then complains he was too slow getting to first base 110
- Video: Josh Hamilton hits his first home run of the season 16
- Rockies starter Chad Bettis loses his no-hitter in the eighth inning 2
- Stephen Strasburg exits start in the second inning with an apparent injury 5
- More than half of polled baseball fans prefer having the pitcher hit 77
- Tony Cingrani hits Bryce Harper in the back with a pitch, then complains he was too slow getting to first base (110)
- The Big Unit: Wide Angle Watcher (90)
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (89)
- Chipper Jones will fight you if you insult his “girl” (84)
- More than half of polled baseball fans prefer having the pitcher hit (77)