May 5, 2012, 10:15 PM EDT
Milwaukee’s pro ballplayers are dropping like flies.
This according to the Milwaukee Journal Sentinel.
Gomez was diagnosed Friday night with a left hamstring strain. He should be fully recovered once his 15 days are up. Gonzalez is waiting for the swelling in his right knee to subside so that he can undergo an MRI exam. The belief is that he suffered a serious injury while sliding into second base during Saturday’s 5-2 loss to the Giants.
Gomez, 26, is batting .280 with an .801 OPS and five stolen bases in 54 plate appearances this year as the Brewers’ part-time center fielder. Gonzalez, 35, was hitting .250/.318/.450 in 88 plate appearances.
- Video: Jake Arrieta strikes out Chase Utley to complete his no-hitter 3
- Jake Arrieta no-hits the Dodgers with 12 strikeouts 19
- Blue Jays will name Mark Shapiro as the new team president 9
- Lance Lynn expects to make next scheduled start despite suffering ankle injury Saturday 2
- Cubs expected to call up Javier Baez on September 1 6
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 13
- A fan died at Turner Field after falling from the upper deck 55
- Mets acquire Addison Reed from the Diamondbacks 10
- Sarah Palin sticks up for Curt Schilling, tells ESPN to “stick to sports” (266)
- Dan Patrick: When does ESPN cut ties with Curt Schilling? (200)
- Curt Schilling taken off of Little League World Series duty for making a really bad tweet (170)
- Curt Schilling taken off of ESPN’s Sunday Night Baseball telecast this week (134)
- Phillies announcer calls Mets fans “obnoxious” (123)