May 5, 2012, 10:15 PM EDT
Milwaukee’s pro ballplayers are dropping like flies.
This according to the Milwaukee Journal Sentinel.
Gomez was diagnosed Friday night with a left hamstring strain. He should be fully recovered once his 15 days are up. Gonzalez is waiting for the swelling in his right knee to subside so that he can undergo an MRI exam. The belief is that he suffered a serious injury while sliding into second base during Saturday’s 5-2 loss to the Giants.
Gomez, 26, is batting .280 with an .801 OPS and five stolen bases in 54 plate appearances this year as the Brewers’ part-time center fielder. Gonzalez, 35, was hitting .250/.318/.450 in 88 plate appearances.
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” 0
- 2015 Preview: Chicago Cubs 6
- Unsigned 2014 No. 1 overall pick Brady Aiken undergoes Tommy John surgery 24
- 2015 Preview: Seattle Mariners 15
- Cardinals add “OT” patch for Oscar Taveras 76
- 2015 Preview: Pittsburgh Pirates 12
- 2015 Preview: San Diego Padres 22
- MLB is looking into some strange gambling tweets involving Marlins pitcher Jarred Cosart 46
- College baseball player cut after making offensive tweet about Mo’ne Davis (115)
- Ex-Cardinals outfielder Curt Ford was assaulted in St. Louis and told to “go back to Ferguson” (114)
- Mo’ne Davis says college ballplayer who wrote an offensive tweet about her deserves a second chance (88)
- Cardinals add “OT” patch for Oscar Taveras (76)
- Andrew McCutchen cut his hair for the first time in eight years (75)