May 5, 2012, 10:15 PM EDT
Milwaukee’s pro ballplayers are dropping like flies.
This according to the Milwaukee Journal Sentinel.
Gomez was diagnosed Friday night with a left hamstring strain. He should be fully recovered once his 15 days are up. Gonzalez is waiting for the swelling in his right knee to subside so that he can undergo an MRI exam. The belief is that he suffered a serious injury while sliding into second base during Saturday’s 5-2 loss to the Giants.
Gomez, 26, is batting .280 with an .801 OPS and five stolen bases in 54 plate appearances this year as the Brewers’ part-time center fielder. Gonzalez, 35, was hitting .250/.318/.450 in 88 plate appearances.
- AL All-Star voting update: now “only” five Royals in the starting lineup 58
- Andy MacPhail introduced by the Phillies. And the first topic of conversation is sabermetrics 17
- What a world: Orioles are in first place and Ubaldo Jimenez has been their ace 16
- Settling the Scores: Sunday’s results 99
- Steven Matz stellar on the mound — and at the plate — in his major league debut for the Mets 19
- The 2015 Gillette Home Run Derby will have a new format 32
- Meet the Matz! The Mets call up Steven Matz to make his MLB debut 11
- Settling the Scores: Saturday’s results 23
- With the same-sex marriage decision, the San Francisco Giants get another big win (275)
- Joe Maddon is the latest manager to rip instant replay. He’s got a point. (108)
- Settling the Scores: Sunday’s results (99)
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights (79)
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (75)