May 5, 2012, 2:20 PM EDT
Wang has been out since injuring his calf covering first base on March 15 and has also battled major shoulder problems for the past three seasons, but Adam Kilgore of the Washington Post reports that “his cannonball sinker is back in the low-90s, and his breaking balls are better than ever.”
Wang racked up an uncharacteristic seven strikeouts versus Single-A hitters last night and also induced five ground-ball outs, but with Ross Detwiler pitching very well as the fill-in fifth starter the Nationals will have a tough decision to make once Wang is deemed ready to return as soon as next week.
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (244)
- “They Don’t Know Henry” (167)
- The Red Sox are still steamed that a PED guy played against them in the playoffs last year (133)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (125)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (112)