May 5, 2012, 4:05 PM EDT
Getting better every time out, Chris Capuano shut out the Cubs for seven innings on Saturday to improve to 4-0 on the season.
Capuano has posted a statistically improved outing each time out for the Dodgers:
April 7 – 4 R in 4 2/3 IP
April 12 – 2 R in 5 1/3 IP
April 18 – 2 R in 6 IP
April 23 – 1 R in 7 IP
April 29 – 0 R in 6 2/3 IP
May 5 – 0 R in 7 IP
It’s been a very impressive showing for a guy who was only linked to the Dodgers, Twins and Cubs before signing a two-year, $10 million deal over the winter. Other contenders might have gotten more interested later on, but they seemed to be searching for more durable pitchers when free agent season started. Capuano, 33, has made 30 starts just three times in his career. He was 11-12 with a 4.55 ERA in 186 innings for the Mets last year.
- Blue Jays fan throws beer at Nate McLouth (124)
- MLB is putting players in camouflage uniforms on Memorial Day. Which is kinda weird. (118)
- Barry Bonds: Miguel Cabrera is the best … but not as good as me (117)
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (112)
- Las Vegas police investigating Jose Canseco as a suspect in sexual assault case (82)
- Blackhawks stave off elimination
- Video: Highlights: Blackhawks top Red Wings 4-1
- PST: Bayern Munich beats Dortmund, wins Champions League
- PHT: Bruins bounce Rangers, advance to Conf. finals
- PBT: Pacers' Hill: Only God scarier than LeBron
- Hundreds run Boston Marathon's final mile
- MST Monaco GP predictions: Mercedes' time?