May 6, 2012, 5:01 PM EDT
Tom Haudricourt of the Milwaukee Journal Sentinel brings the developing news:
#Brewers owner Mark Attanasio indicated he is close to wrapping up GM Doug Melvin and manager Ron Roenicke with extensions.
— Tom (@Haudricourt) May 6, 2012
Melvin has been the Brewers’ general manager since 2002 and has helped pilot a baseball revolution in the city of Milwaukee. Miller Park has drawn over three million fans in three of the past four seasons.
Roenicke guided the Brewers to their first-ever National League Central title last year — his first season on the job. Even with a poor 12-15 start to the 2012 campaign, he carries a stellar 108-81 managerial record.
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 0
- Boston Marathon heroes remembered with pregame ceremony at Fenway Park 8
- Benches clear in Pittsburgh after the Brewers’ Carlos Gomez bat flips a third-inning triple 162
- Yankees activate Mark Teixeira from the disabled list 6
- Ivan Nova diagnosed with a partially torn ulnar collateral ligament in his right elbow 30
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (249)
- “They Don’t Know Henry” (167)
- Benches clear in Pittsburgh after the Brewers’ Carlos Gomez bat flips a third-inning triple (163)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (127)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (112)