May 6, 2012, 5:01 PM EST
Tom Haudricourt of the Milwaukee Journal Sentinel brings the developing news:
#Brewers owner Mark Attanasio indicated he is close to wrapping up GM Doug Melvin and manager Ron Roenicke with extensions.
— Tom (@Haudricourt) May 6, 2012
Melvin has been the Brewers’ general manager since 2002 and has helped pilot a baseball revolution in the city of Milwaukee. Miller Park has drawn over three million fans in three of the past four seasons.
Roenicke guided the Brewers to their first-ever National League Central title last year — his first season on the job. Even with a poor 12-15 start to the 2012 campaign, he carries a stellar 108-81 managerial record.
- How Commissioner Rob Manfred Can Make Baseball More Appealing 12
- Blue Jays cut off talks for Orioles executive Dan Duquette 32
- Rob Manfred, new Major League Baseball commissioner, suggests ban on defensive shifts 103
- Yankees reject A-Rod’s apology attempt 45
- Joe Posnanski: Remembering ‘Mr. Cub,’ Ernie Banks 16
- What they’re saying about the passing of Cubs legend Ernie Banks 7
- Alex Rodriguez recently met with incoming MLB commissioner Rob Manfred 15
- Ernie Banks, one of baseball’s greatest players and greatest ambassadors has died at age 83 75
- Bud Selig: The Greatest Commissioner in the History of Baseball (144)
- Max Scherzer’s seven-year deal with Nationals worth $210 million (119)
- Rob Manfred, new Major League Baseball commissioner, suggests ban on defensive shifts (106)
- Comments of the Day: some of you guys aren’t big Bud Selig fans (77)
- The 2015 Braves have “gravitas” and “veteran leadership” and will have dirty uniforms. Just kill me now. (76)