May 6, 2012, 5:01 PM EDT
Tom Haudricourt of the Milwaukee Journal Sentinel brings the developing news:
#Brewers owner Mark Attanasio indicated he is close to wrapping up GM Doug Melvin and manager Ron Roenicke with extensions.
— Tom (@Haudricourt) May 6, 2012
Melvin has been the Brewers’ general manager since 2002 and has helped pilot a baseball revolution in the city of Milwaukee. Miller Park has drawn over three million fans in three of the past four seasons.
Roenicke guided the Brewers to their first-ever National League Central title last year — his first season on the job. Even with a poor 12-15 start to the 2012 campaign, he carries a stellar 108-81 managerial record.
- Stephen Strasburg exits start with tightness in left side 8
- In the wake of the Miguel Cabrera injury the Tigers have few good options 12
- Mets general manager Sandy Alderson says Terry Collins’ job is safe 10
- Calf injury sends Miguel Cabrera to the disabled list for the first time in his career 7
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 25
- Rangers designate Neftali Feliz for assignment, activate Matt Harrison 9
- Anibal Sanchez loses his bid for a no-hitter with one out in the eighth inning 11
- The Yankees, A-Rod resolve their dispute over the $6 million milestone bonus 31
- Settling the Scores: Sunday’s results (99)
- Mike Scioscia says Josh Hamilton should apologize to Angels owner Arte Moreno (88)
- What Yasiel Puig being a pain in the butt means. And what it doesn’t mean. (78)
- Report: Jerry Dipoto “definitely out” as Angels GM (77)
- Brian Dozier is the best second baseman in baseball (72)