May 6, 2012, 5:01 PM EDT
Tom Haudricourt of the Milwaukee Journal Sentinel brings the developing news:
#Brewers owner Mark Attanasio indicated he is close to wrapping up GM Doug Melvin and manager Ron Roenicke with extensions.
— Tom (@Haudricourt) May 6, 2012
Melvin has been the Brewers’ general manager since 2002 and has helped pilot a baseball revolution in the city of Milwaukee. Miller Park has drawn over three million fans in three of the past four seasons.
Roenicke guided the Brewers to their first-ever National League Central title last year — his first season on the job. Even with a poor 12-15 start to the 2012 campaign, he carries a stellar 108-81 managerial record.
- Orioles acquire Kelly Johnson from the Red Sox 5
- Orioles acquire Alejandro De Aza from the White Sox 5
- Bryce Harper is 15th player in MLB history to reach 50 career homers before age-22 season 30
- The Dodgers took the shift to the extreme last night 47
- VIDEO: Jorge Soler hits two long home runs in third major league game 20
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 18
- Mariners end Jesus Montero’s season 37
- Troy Tulowitzki says he’ll retire before he switches positions 32
- Could women play major league baseball? Sure. Right now, though, the deck is stacked against them. (220)
- Forgiveness for Pete Rose? Not in this lifetime (146)
- Albert Pujols plays the “you never played the game!” card (104)
- Great Moments in Drug Testing and Punishment: The NFL Edition (101)
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights (75)