May 6, 2012, 5:01 PM EDT
Tom Haudricourt of the Milwaukee Journal Sentinel brings the developing news:
#Brewers owner Mark Attanasio indicated he is close to wrapping up GM Doug Melvin and manager Ron Roenicke with extensions.
— Tom (@Haudricourt) May 6, 2012
Melvin has been the Brewers’ general manager since 2002 and has helped pilot a baseball revolution in the city of Milwaukee. Miller Park has drawn over three million fans in three of the past four seasons.
Roenicke guided the Brewers to their first-ever National League Central title last year — his first season on the job. Even with a poor 12-15 start to the 2012 campaign, he carries a stellar 108-81 managerial record.
- Frank Wren fired as Braves GM, John Hart to take over on an interim basis 41
- AND DOWN THE STRETCH THEY COME! Sizing up the final week of the regular season 36
- Must-Click Link: Derek Jeter opens up. Seriously, he really does. 44
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 58
- Must-click link: Tommy Harper and the Red Sox’ racist past 56
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 34
- Matt Garza ejected after hitting Andrew McCutchen a second time 34
- Tigers hang on for second straight win against Royals 8
- Geddy Lee’s baseball obsession makes it really hard for me to hate Rush (123)
- It certainly looks like Barry Bonds’ criminal conviction is going to be overturned (107)
- Ron Washington claims he resigned because he cheated on his wife (103)
- Giants CEO Larry Baer thinks advertisements on uniforms are coming soon (87)
- Umpire ejects jackwagon fan heckling Bryce Harper in Atlanta last night (85)