May 6, 2012, 8:55 PM EDT
Bryce Harper put the Nationals on the board with his legs Sunday night against the Phillies. After getting hit by a Cole Hamels pitch in the first, he advanced to third on a Jayson Werth single and then stole home as Hamels made a pickoff throw to first.
Harper pretty easily made it into home plate ahead of Laynce Nix‘s relay on the play. It was his first career steal in his eighth game with the Nationals.
The 19-year-old Harper, baseball’s youngest player, entered the night 6-for-23 with four doubles, three RBI and five walks since his callup. He’s still looking for his first homer.
- Kris Medlen leaves game with right forearm strain 16
- Cardinals sign Cuban middle infielder Aledmys Diaz to a four-year major league contract 48
- Cardinals and Matt Carpenter agree to a six-year, $52 million extension 10
- Jet Blue Park is absolutely incredible 59
- Gary Nolan one of many careers saved by Dr. Frank Jobe 17