May 6, 2012, 7:25 PM EST
The Braves cleaned up in Coors Field this weekend, winning three straight games for their first sweep in Colorado since 2003.
Atlanta improved to 18-11 on the season. MLB.com’s Mark Bowman pointed out that the starting pitchers the last time the Braves swept the Rockies in Coors Field were Greg Maddux, Mike Hampton and Russ Ortiz. This weekend, it was more about the bullpen, as Tim Hudson and Mike Minor were both roughed up in their starts. Brandon Beachy, though, gave the team a quality start today, surrendering two runs in 6 1/3 innings.
- Orioles acquire outfielder Travis Snider from Pirates 25
- Not so fast on the Bud Selig Hall of Fame talk 50
- Blue Jays sign president and CEO Paul Beeston to extension through 2015 26
- Reds sign four-year contract extension with Devin Mesoraco 11
- The Yankees are going to try to get out of paying A-Rod his contract incentives 82
- How Commissioner Rob Manfred Can Make Baseball More Appealing 60
- Blue Jays cut off talks for Orioles executive Dan Duquette 48
- Rob Manfred, new Major League Baseball commissioner, suggests ban on defensive shifts 118
- Bud Selig: The Greatest Commissioner in the History of Baseball (146)
- Rob Manfred, new Major League Baseball commissioner, suggests ban on defensive shifts (118)
- Why “Deflategate” would never happen in baseball (93)
- The Yankees are going to try to get out of paying A-Rod his contract incentives (82)
- Comments of the Day: some of you guys aren’t big Bud Selig fans (77)