May 6, 2012, 7:25 PM EDT
The Braves cleaned up in Coors Field this weekend, winning three straight games for their first sweep in Colorado since 2003.
Atlanta improved to 18-11 on the season. MLB.com’s Mark Bowman pointed out that the starting pitchers the last time the Braves swept the Rockies in Coors Field were Greg Maddux, Mike Hampton and Russ Ortiz. This weekend, it was more about the bullpen, as Tim Hudson and Mike Minor were both roughed up in their starts. Brandon Beachy, though, gave the team a quality start today, surrendering two runs in 6 1/3 innings.
- Settling the Scores: Sunday’s results — and a reminder of what Labor Day is all about 2
- Reds trade setup man Jonathan Broxton to the Brewers 15
- Miguel Cabrera sits Sunday with nagging ankle injury 12
- A’s acquire veteran slugger Adam Dunn from the White Sox 54
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 18
- Orioles acquire Kelly Johnson from the Red Sox 15
- Orioles acquire Alejandro De Aza from the White Sox 6
- Bryce Harper is 15th player in MLB history to reach 50 career homers before age-22 season 31
- Could women play major league baseball? Sure. Right now, though, the deck is stacked against them. (220)
- Forgiveness for Pete Rose? Not in this lifetime (146)
- Albert Pujols plays the “you never played the game!” card (104)
- Great Moments in Drug Testing and Punishment: The NFL Edition (101)
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights (75)