May 6, 2012, 7:25 PM EDT
The Braves cleaned up in Coors Field this weekend, winning three straight games for their first sweep in Colorado since 2003.
Atlanta improved to 18-11 on the season. MLB.com’s Mark Bowman pointed out that the starting pitchers the last time the Braves swept the Rockies in Coors Field were Greg Maddux, Mike Hampton and Russ Ortiz. This weekend, it was more about the bullpen, as Tim Hudson and Mike Minor were both roughed up in their starts. Brandon Beachy, though, gave the team a quality start today, surrendering two runs in 6 1/3 innings.
- Adam Wainwright underwent elbow surgery 0
- World Series, Game 3: Royals vs. Giants lineups 1
- Andrew Friedman got $35 million to leave the Rays for the Dodgers … and he might be underpaid 11
- Shocker! Joe Maddon to opt out of his contract and leave the Rays 119
- World Series Reset: On to AT&T Park 14
- The World Series ratings are low. So what? 101
- John Hart to be named Braves President of Baseball Operations 3
- No, Ned Yost didn’t “out-manage” Bruce Bochy. His players played better 69
- So, if you’re not a fan of the Royals or Giants, who ya got? (129)
- Erroneous Narrative Alert: no, the Giants are not a “gritty,” anti-stats organization (122)
- Shocker! Joe Maddon to opt out of his contract and leave the Rays (121)
- Pedro Martinez has some opinions about who the new “face of baseball” is (112)
- PANTY RAID! Homeland Security agents confiscate unlicensed Kansas City Royals underwear (109)