May 6, 2012, 2:37 PM EDT
(Though the forecast looks nasty in Kansas City).
Swisher had missed six straight games because of a tweaked left hamstring. He is slated to serve as New York’s designated hitter on Sunday and should return to his usual spot in right field on Tuesday night.
The 31-year-old boasts a .284/.355/.617 batting line, six home runs, nine doubles and 23 RBI through 93 plate appearances this season for the fourth-place Bombers. DeWayne Wise drew the start in right field on Saturday and Andruw Jones played there Friday.
- Boston Marathon heroes remembered with pregame ceremony at Fenway Park 8
- Benches clear in Pittsburgh after the Brewers’ Carlos Gomez bat flips a third-inning triple 160
- Yankees activate Mark Teixeira from the disabled list 6
- Ivan Nova diagnosed with a partially torn ulnar collateral ligament in his right elbow 30
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 35
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (248)
- “They Don’t Know Henry” (167)
- Benches clear in Pittsburgh after the Brewers’ Carlos Gomez bat flips a third-inning triple (160)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (127)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (112)