May 6, 2012, 2:37 PM EDT
(Though the forecast looks nasty in Kansas City).
Swisher had missed six straight games because of a tweaked left hamstring. He is slated to serve as New York’s designated hitter on Sunday and should return to his usual spot in right field on Tuesday night.
The 31-year-old boasts a .284/.355/.617 batting line, six home runs, nine doubles and 23 RBI through 93 plate appearances this season for the fourth-place Bombers. DeWayne Wise drew the start in right field on Saturday and Andruw Jones played there Friday.
- Kris Medlen leaves game with right forearm strain 16
- Cardinals sign Cuban middle infielder Aledmys Diaz to a four-year major league contract 48
- Cardinals and Matt Carpenter agree to a six-year, $52 million extension 10
- Jet Blue Park is absolutely incredible 59
- Gary Nolan one of many careers saved by Dr. Frank Jobe 17