May 6, 2012, 2:37 PM EDT
(Though the forecast looks nasty in Kansas City).
Swisher had missed six straight games because of a tweaked left hamstring. He is slated to serve as New York’s designated hitter on Sunday and should return to his usual spot in right field on Tuesday night.
The 31-year-old boasts a .284/.355/.617 batting line, six home runs, nine doubles and 23 RBI through 93 plate appearances this season for the fourth-place Bombers. DeWayne Wise drew the start in right field on Saturday and Andruw Jones played there Friday.
- Matt Garza ejected after hitting Andrew McCutchen a second time 2
- Tigers hang on for second straight win against Royals 2
- Phil Hughes could finish the season with the best K/BB ratio in MLB history 10
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 25
- Clayton Kershaw wins his 20th game of the season 11
- Why are so many people acting like Bryce Harper is a bum? 80
- It certainly looks like Barry Bonds’ criminal conviction is going to be overturned 100
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 72
- Geddy Lee’s baseball obsession makes it really hard for me to hate Rush (110)
- Ron Washington claims he resigned because he cheated on his wife (103)
- It certainly looks like Barry Bonds’ criminal conviction is going to be overturned (100)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (83)
- Umpire ejects jackwagon fan heckling Bryce Harper in Atlanta last night (82)