May 6, 2012, 1:06 PM EDT
Veteran right-hander Aaron Cook was able to stay in the game Saturday after suffering a nasty cut on his left knee while trying to tag out the Orioles’ Chris Davis at home plate during his Red Sox debut.
But it apparently wasn’t a minor injury.
Cook allowed seven runs (six earned) on eight hits against the O’s. He’s likely to be out for three weeks.
- The dizzying intellect of Tom Glavine 6
- Verducci: baseball should think about an “illegal defense” rule to combat shifts 117
- Chase Headley plays the hero in his first game in pinstripes 20
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 28
- Rockies place Troy Tulowitzki on the disabled list 18
- Rob Manfred “heavily favored” to be Bud Selig’s replacement 29
- Yankees acquire Chase Headley from Padres 108
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 39