May 6, 2012, 1:06 PM EDT
Veteran right-hander Aaron Cook was able to stay in the game Saturday after suffering a nasty cut on his left knee while trying to tag out the Orioles’ Chris Davis at home plate during his Red Sox debut.
But it apparently wasn’t a minor injury.
Cook allowed seven runs (six earned) on eight hits against the O’s. He’s likely to be out for three weeks.
- Alex Gordon and the M-V-P chants 10
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 63
- David Price surrenders nine consecutive hits to the Yankees in the worst start of his career 29
- Video: Jorge Soler homers in his first major league at-bat 30
- Adam Wainwright has a “dead arm” 40
- HBT Daily: Alex Gordon and the Royals keep on rolling 12
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 43
- The Cubs grounds crew was short staffed because the Cubs were trying to avoid Obamacare (247)
- Could women play major league baseball? Sure. Right now, though, the deck is stacked against them. (191)
- Forgiveness for Pete Rose? Not in this lifetime (145)
- Albert Pujols plays the “you never played the game!” card (102)
- Great Moments in Drug Testing and Punishment: The NFL Edition (101)