May 6, 2012, 3:35 PM EDT
Mets shortstop Ruben Tejada strained his right quadriceps muscle Sunday after stumbling near the first base bag following a successful bunt.
Tejada was 2-for-2 before exiting Sunday’s series finale against the Diamondbacks and is now sporting a .305/.362/.400 batting line on the year. If he needs to be placed on the disabled list, the Mets are likely to recall Jordany Valdespin from Triple-A Buffalo.
- Astros acquire Carlos Gomez and Mike Fiers from Brewers 38
- Pirates bolster bullpen, pick up Joakim Soria from Tigers 10
- 2015 MLB Trade Deadline Tracker 4
- The extraordinarily odd, 13-player Dodgers-Marlins-Braves trade is done 61
- Blue Jays acquire David Price from the Tigers 111
- Both the Phillies and the Rangers did well in the Cole Hamels trade 72
- Rangers land ace left-hander Cole Hamels from Phillies 106
- Mets, Brewers call off reported Carlos Gomez trade 78
- The MLBPA is considering withholding cooperation with ESPN, Fox over Colin Cowherd’s comments (157)
- The Cubs are in discussions with the Phillies on Cole Hamels (146)
- Major League Baseball rips Colin Cowherd in an official statement (123)
- Blue Jays acquire David Price from the Tigers (111)
- Rangers land ace left-hander Cole Hamels from Phillies (106)