May 6, 2012, 3:35 PM EDT
Mets shortstop Ruben Tejada strained his right quadriceps muscle Sunday after stumbling near the first base bag following a successful bunt.
Tejada was 2-for-2 before exiting Sunday’s series finale against the Diamondbacks and is now sporting a .305/.362/.400 batting line on the year. If he needs to be placed on the disabled list, the Mets are likely to recall Jordany Valdespin from Triple-A Buffalo.
- We’re not going to pretend that Bo Porter had no idea what he was getting into, are we? 0
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 19
- The Cardinals have moved ahead of the Brewers for first place in the National League Central 25
- No-hitter! Four Phillies pitchers combine to blank the Braves 57
- Bo Porter fired by the Astros 56
- Settling the Score: Sunday’s results — and a reminder of what Labor Day is all about 47
- Reds trade setup man Jonathan Broxton to the Brewers 18
- Miguel Cabrera sits Sunday with nagging ankle injury 13
- Could women play major league baseball? Sure. Right now, though, the deck is stacked against them. (220)
- Albert Pujols plays the “you never played the game!” card (104)
- Great Moments in Drug Testing and Punishment: The NFL Edition (101)
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights (75)
- Baseball is dying, you guys, because no one would recognize Mike Trout in a bar (74)