May 6, 2012, 3:35 PM EDT
Mets shortstop Ruben Tejada strained his right quadriceps muscle Sunday after stumbling near the first base bag following a successful bunt.
Tejada was 2-for-2 before exiting Sunday’s series finale against the Diamondbacks and is now sporting a .305/.362/.400 batting line on the year. If he needs to be placed on the disabled list, the Mets are likely to recall Jordany Valdespin from Triple-A Buffalo.
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 7
- Tony Cingrani hits Bryce Harper in the back with a pitch, then complains he was too slow getting to first base 96
- Video: Josh Hamilton hits his first home run of the season 15
- Rockies starter Chad Bettis loses his no-hitter in the eighth inning 2
- Stephen Strasburg exits start in the second inning with an apparent injury 5
- More than half of polled baseball fans prefer having the pitcher hit 71
- The Marlins aren’t happy with the Dan Jennings hire 44
- Andrew McCutchen is doing just fine now, thank you 20
- Tony Cingrani hits Bryce Harper in the back with a pitch, then complains he was too slow getting to first base (98)
- The Big Unit: Wide Angle Watcher (90)
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (89)
- Chipper Jones will fight you if you insult his “girl” (84)
- Alex Rodriguez is the all-time AL RBI champion. Sorta. (76)