May 6, 2012, 12:20 PM EDT
The Twins have just nine total hits in their last four games, which is among the worst stretches of offensive futility in Major League Baseball history.
So they’re going to make some changes.
According to Dustin Morse, the Twins’ director of baseball communications, manager Ron Gardenhire announced Sunday morning that Brian Dozier will be the team’s starting shortstop beginning Monday.
And Jamey Carroll will be demoted to the bench.
Carroll is batting just .206/.306/.237 in 112 plate appearances this season and owns a .699 career OPS. Dozier has a .276/.339/.371 slash line, one home run and 12 RBI in 119 plate appearances at Triple-A.
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (244)
- “They Don’t Know Henry” (160)
- The Red Sox are still steamed that a PED guy played against them in the playoffs last year (130)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (125)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (112)