May 6, 2012, 12:20 PM EDT
The Twins have just nine total hits in their last four games, which is among the worst stretches of offensive futility in Major League Baseball history.
So they’re going to make some changes.
According to Dustin Morse, the Twins’ director of baseball communications, manager Ron Gardenhire announced Sunday morning that Brian Dozier will be the team’s starting shortstop beginning Monday.
And Jamey Carroll will be demoted to the bench.
Carroll is batting just .206/.306/.237 in 112 plate appearances this season and owns a .699 career OPS. Dozier has a .276/.339/.371 slash line, one home run and 12 RBI in 119 plate appearances at Triple-A.
- It certainly looks like Barry Bonds’ criminal conviction is going to be overturned 2
- VIDEO: Derek Jeter hits first home run at Yankee Stadium this season 4
- Ron Washington claims he resigned because he cheated on his wife 83
- No, baseball does not need to “announce a domestic violence policy ASAP” 51
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 48
- Video: Rusney Castillo notches his first major league hit 7
- Michael Wacha cleared to return Saturday vs. Reds 2
- Marlins officially shut down Giancarlo Stanton for the season 6
- Chris Davis suspended 25 games for amphetamine use (92)
- Giancarlo Stanton diagnosed with multiple facial fractures and dental damage (91)
- Bud Selig can’t remember the last domestic violence incident in Major League Baseball (90)
- Ron Washington claims he resigned because he cheated on his wife (85)
- A couple of initial thoughts on the Chris Davis suspension (83)