May 6, 2012, 12:20 PM EDT
The Twins have just nine total hits in their last four games, which is among the worst stretches of offensive futility in Major League Baseball history.
So they’re going to make some changes.
According to Dustin Morse, the Twins’ director of baseball communications, manager Ron Gardenhire announced Sunday morning that Brian Dozier will be the team’s starting shortstop beginning Monday.
And Jamey Carroll will be demoted to the bench.
Carroll is batting just .206/.306/.237 in 112 plate appearances this season and owns a .699 career OPS. Dozier has a .276/.339/.371 slash line, one home run and 12 RBI in 119 plate appearances at Triple-A.
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 43
- AL and NL Starters for the 2015 All-Star Game announced 98
- That time Manny Ramirez nearly became a Met 10
- Phillies acquire No. 1 international signing slot for 2015-2016 from the Diamondbacks 19
- Orioles activate Jonathan Schoop after 10-week absence 10
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 40
- Video: Kris Bryant hits a grand slam as part of a two-homer, six-RBI night 9
- Stephen Strasburg exits start with tightness in left side 10
- Settling the Scores: Sunday’s results (99)
- AL and NL Starters for the 2015 All-Star Game announced (98)
- Mike Scioscia says Josh Hamilton should apologize to Angels owner Arte Moreno (90)
- What Yasiel Puig being a pain in the butt means. And what it doesn’t mean. (78)
- Report: Jerry Dipoto “definitely out” as Angels GM (77)