May 6, 2012, 12:20 PM EDT
The Twins have just nine total hits in their last four games, which is among the worst stretches of offensive futility in Major League Baseball history.
So they’re going to make some changes.
According to Dustin Morse, the Twins’ director of baseball communications, manager Ron Gardenhire announced Sunday morning that Brian Dozier will be the team’s starting shortstop beginning Monday.
And Jamey Carroll will be demoted to the bench.
Carroll is batting just .206/.306/.237 in 112 plate appearances this season and owns a .699 career OPS. Dozier has a .276/.339/.371 slash line, one home run and 12 RBI in 119 plate appearances at Triple-A.
- The Marlins are going to change everything except their biggest problem this offseason 43
- Drooling over Miguel Sano’s incredible numbers through 50 career games 33
- Matt Williams puts up another strong performance in his quest to get himself fired 103
- Settling the Scores: Tuesday’s results 81
- Yankees reveal Mark Teixeira’s shin injury is “more than we thought” 16
- There’s a chicken pox outbreak in the Royals’ clubhouse and multiple players are infected 28
- Shoeless Joe Jackson is not being reinstated 67
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 66
- Sarah Palin sticks up for Curt Schilling, tells ESPN to “stick to sports” (266)
- Matt Williams puts up another strong performance in his quest to get himself fired (103)
- Why Mike Mussina keeps getting hosed in the Hall of Fame voting (89)
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights (87)
- Settling the Scores: Tuesday’s results (81)