May 6, 2012, 12:20 PM EDT
The Twins have just nine total hits in their last four games, which is among the worst stretches of offensive futility in Major League Baseball history.
So they’re going to make some changes.
According to Dustin Morse, the Twins’ director of baseball communications, manager Ron Gardenhire announced Sunday morning that Brian Dozier will be the team’s starting shortstop beginning Monday.
And Jamey Carroll will be demoted to the bench.
Carroll is batting just .206/.306/.237 in 112 plate appearances this season and owns a .699 career OPS. Dozier has a .276/.339/.371 slash line, one home run and 12 RBI in 119 plate appearances at Triple-A.
- Mariners prospect Victor Sanchez has died 18
- 2015 Preview: Chicago White Sox 15
- Did David Ortiz admit to more than he realized with his Players’ Tribune editorial? 83
- 2015 Preview: Atlanta Braves 15
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” 118
- 2015 Preview: Chicago Cubs 14
- Unsigned 2014 No. 1 overall pick Brady Aiken undergoes Tommy John surgery 61
- 2015 Preview: Seattle Mariners 15
- Ex-Cardinals outfielder Curt Ford was assaulted in St. Louis and told to “go back to Ferguson” (122)
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” (118)
- College baseball player cut after making offensive tweet about Mo’ne Davis (115)
- Rob Manfred says it would be hard to reinstate Pete Rose in a limited way (89)
- Mo’ne Davis says college ballplayer who wrote an offensive tweet about her deserves a second chance (88)