May 6, 2012, 4:07 PM EST
Darvish struggled with his command early, but he pitched out of jams after giving up a single and a walk to start the first and a walk to start the second. He couldn’t do the same in the third. After Johnny Damon singled and Jason Kipnis walked, Asdrubal Cabrera delivered a two-run double. The Indians picked up a third run in the inning on what was ruled an infield single and an error on shortstop Elvis Andrus.
Darvsh bounced back to pitch a perfect fourth, but he gave up a homer in the fifth. He ended up allowing four runs — three earned — in six innings. He set a new high in the game with 11 strikeouts, giving him 30 K’s in his last three appearances.
Kipnis hit the homer in the fifth, making him the second major leaguer to homer off Darvish. Edwin Encarnacion was the first.
Darvish, the AL Rookie of the Month for April, is 4-1 with a 2.54 ERA through six starts.
- Ian Kinsler hopes Rangers go 0-162, calls GM a “sleazeball” (132)
- Albert Pujols was insulted when someone asked him if he can put up Mike Trout numbers (101)
- The politics of “The Cardinal Way” (67)
- Robinson Cano wants the Mariners to bring in Kendrys Morales and Ervin Santana (64)
- Reporter calls Ian Kinsler as self-absorbed as A-Rod (60)