May 7, 2012, 11:19 AM EDT
The injury forced Fister to exit his season debut in the fourth inning, but after a month off he felt good enough to throw four scoreless innings in a minor-league rehab game Wednesday at Triple-A. He struck out five and allowed just two hits and one walk.
Fister was incredible for the Tigers down the stretch last season, going 8-1 with a 1.79 ERA in 11 starts after they acquired him from the Mariners on July 30.
- Devin Mesoraco could need hip surgery 2
- Alex Cobb confirmed to have elbow ligament tear 11
- Royals expected to get closer Greg Holland back tomorrow 2
- Madison Bumgarner threw his fastest pitch since 2010 9
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 58
- Rangers snap Astros’ 10-game winning streak 7
- UPDATE: Hanley Ramirez exits game with a left shoulder sprain 27
- Nelson Cruz, Adrian Gonzalez named Players of the Month 18
- Torii Hunter doesn’t care what Floyd Mayweather has done outside of the boxing ring (140)
- Buck Showalter had some wise words about what’s happening in Baltimore (123)
- Some anti-DH counterpoints (102)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (98)
- Alex Rodriguez hits a pinch-hit home run to tie Willie Mays at 660 home runs (96)