May 7, 2012, 11:19 AM EDT
The injury forced Fister to exit his season debut in the fourth inning, but after a month off he felt good enough to throw four scoreless innings in a minor-league rehab game Wednesday at Triple-A. He struck out five and allowed just two hits and one walk.
Fister was incredible for the Tigers down the stretch last season, going 8-1 with a 1.79 ERA in 11 starts after they acquired him from the Mariners on July 30.
- The Tigers are going to “reboot;” plan to trade Price and Cespedes 5
- Dodgers acquire Mat Latos and Michael Morse from Marlins 40
- Why do managers wear uniforms anyway? 41
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 51
- Astros “making a strong effort” for Phillies ace Cole Hamels 31
- Angels acquire outfielders David Murphy and David DeJesus 24
- Jenrry Mejia gets 162-game ban for second failed PED test 52
- Nationals, Phillies agree to Jonathan Papelbon trade 65
- The MLBPA is considering withholding cooperation with ESPN, Fox over Colin Cowherd’s comments (157)
- The Cubs are in discussions with the Phillies on Cole Hamels (146)
- Colin Cowherd wonders how baseball can be considered “complicated” if Dominicans can understand it (129)
- Major League Baseball rips Colin Cowherd in an official statement (123)
- Settling the Scores: Wednesday’s results (106)