May 7, 2012, 11:19 AM EDT
The injury forced Fister to exit his season debut in the fourth inning, but after a month off he felt good enough to throw four scoreless innings in a minor-league rehab game Wednesday at Triple-A. He struck out five and allowed just two hits and one walk.
Fister was incredible for the Tigers down the stretch last season, going 8-1 with a 1.79 ERA in 11 starts after they acquired him from the Mariners on July 30.
- Giants designate Casey McGehee for assignment 23
- Yan Gomes returns to the Indians’ lineup after missing six weeks with a sprained right knee 0
- Marlins jump in Clevelander pool after snapping losing streak 22
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 19
- Brian Matusz was ejected for having a foreign substance on his arm 38
- Josh Hamilton will join the Rangers on Monday 6
- UPDATE: David Wright diagnosed with spinal stenosis 23
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 39
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (133)
- Bryce Harper on Marvin Hudson ejection: “I don’t think 40,000 people came to watch him ump” (132)
- Bryce Harper ejected for second time in a week (122)
- GM Dan Jennings to be named the Marlins new manager. And it’s a terrible idea. (111)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (101)