May 7, 2012, 11:19 AM EDT
The injury forced Fister to exit his season debut in the fourth inning, but after a month off he felt good enough to throw four scoreless innings in a minor-league rehab game Wednesday at Triple-A. He struck out five and allowed just two hits and one walk.
Fister was incredible for the Tigers down the stretch last season, going 8-1 with a 1.79 ERA in 11 starts after they acquired him from the Mariners on July 30.
- Kris Medlen leaves game with right forearm strain 18
- Cardinals sign Cuban middle infielder Aledmys Diaz to a four-year major league contract 60
- Cardinals and Matt Carpenter agree to a six-year, $52 million extension 12
- Jet Blue Park is absolutely incredible 59
- Gary Nolan one of many careers saved by Dr. Frank Jobe 17
- Ian Kinsler hopes Rangers go 0-162, calls GM a “sleazeball” (132)
- Albert Pujols was insulted when someone asked him if he can put up Mike Trout numbers (103)
- The politics of “The Cardinal Way” (67)
- Brandon Phillips: “How the [expletive] am I declining?” (61)
- Reporter calls Ian Kinsler as self-absorbed as A-Rod (60)