May 7, 2012, 11:19 AM EDT
The injury forced Fister to exit his season debut in the fourth inning, but after a month off he felt good enough to throw four scoreless innings in a minor-league rehab game Wednesday at Triple-A. He struck out five and allowed just two hits and one walk.
Fister was incredible for the Tigers down the stretch last season, going 8-1 with a 1.79 ERA in 11 starts after they acquired him from the Mariners on July 30.
- Breaking: Cardinals fire their scouting director, likely due to the Astros hacking scandal 50
- Bryce Harper is naked in ESPN’s “Body Issue” 54
- Today is the day: Marlins ace Jose Fernandez returns from Tommy John surgery 4
- A-Rod, the Yankees and the union in talks to direct his $6 million home run bonus to charity 29
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 51
- Video: Joey Butler breaks up Carlos Carrasco’s no-hitter with two outs in the ninth inning 12
- Bill Stoneman taking over as Angels’ interim GM 17
- Jerry Dipoto loses power struggle with Mike Scioscia, steps down as Angels general manager 39
- With the same-sex marriage decision, the San Francisco Giants get another big win (276)
- Settling the Scores: Sunday’s results (99)
- Report: Jerry Dipoto “definitely out” as Angels GM (77)
- What Yasiel Puig being a pain in the butt means. And what it doesn’t mean. (77)
- There was a super ump show in Chicago yesterday (75)