May 7, 2012, 8:49 PM EDT
The Rockies announced earlier this evening that Jhoulys Chacin was placed on the 15-day disabled list with right shoulder inflammation. The 24-year-old was demoted to Triple-A Colorado Springs last week after posting an ugly 7.30 ERA over his first five starts, but today’s move rescinds the option.
This news doesn’t come as a big surprise, as Rockies’ general manager Dan O’Dowd told Troy Renck of the Denver Post earlier today that Chacin wasn’t prepared to pitch at the Triple-A level.
“We’re still working through his issues and trying to get our arms around everything before we move forward,” general manager Dan O’Dowd said today.
“Health, mind, delivery, the whole package. It makes no sense for him to go out and pitch until we get him in a better place.”
- Royals even up World Series with 7-2 Game 2 victory 21
- Craig Kimbrel wins Trevor Hoffman Award; Greg Holland gets Mariano Rivera Award 5
- World Series, Game 2: Giants vs. Royals lineups 9
- HBT Daily: Are the Royals doomed, doomed, doomed? 11
- Giants inhaling the air of superiority after Game 1 7
- What’s in a name? “Big Game” James did not come up big for Kansas City 22
- World Series Reset: The Royals look to pick themselves up off the mat 8
- Royals’ World Series hopes in Yordano Ventura’s hands 7
- So, if you’re not a fan of the Royals or Giants, who ya got? (129)
- Erroneous Narrative Alert: no, the Giants are not a “gritty,” anti-stats organization (121)
- Pedro Martinez has some opinions about who the new “face of baseball” is (112)
- PANTY RAID! Homeland Security agents confiscate unlicensed Kansas City Royals underwear (95)
- “The Kansas City Royals Are the Future of Baseball” — someone actually said that. (93)