May 7, 2012, 6:41 PM EDT
Matt Kemp is back playing center field and batting third for the Dodgers on Monday after taking a seat in Sunday’s loss to the Cubs. He’s been nursing a tight left hamstring.
Kemp did make an appearance Sunday to keep his consecutive games streak alive, flying out as a pinch-hitter. Tonight’s game will extend the streak to 393 games.
“The streak does mean something to me, to play every day, but still I don’t want to do something stupid to put my teammates in a situation where they lose me for one or two weeks,” he said. “It could be only one day and maybe this is the day and I can get back to play San Francisco. It feels weird watching the team play.”
Tony Gwynn Jr. went 0-for-3 in Kemp’s place Sunday as the Dodgers lost 4-3 to the Cubs.
- Sandy Alderson is not going to “roll over” for Scott Boras and shut down Matt Harvey 64
- Dodgers are already fed up with 6.56 ERA-pitching, excuse-making Mat Latos 50
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 58
- Bryce Harper walks in all four of his plate appearances, scores four runs 24
- ESPN pulls Curt Schilling off broadcasts for rest of regular season and Wild Card game 146
- David Ortiz is more likely to be boned in Hall of Fame voting for being a DH than for PED stuff 145
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 74
- The Marlins are going to change everything except their biggest problem this offseason 53
- ESPN pulls Curt Schilling off broadcasts for rest of regular season and Wild Card game (146)
- David Ortiz is more likely to be boned in Hall of Fame voting for being a DH than for PED stuff (145)
- Matt Williams puts up another strong performance in his quest to get himself fired (107)
- David Ortiz tweets his happiness about the Deflategate decision (101)
- Why Mike Mussina keeps getting hosed in the Hall of Fame voting (90)