May 7, 2012, 5:07 PM EDT
Utility man Ronny Cedeno was already on the DL, so Justin Turner is starting at shortstop tonight despite never starting there previously in the majors and having just 53 total games at the position in the minors.
Tejada had done a very nice stepping into Jose Reyes‘ huge shoes, hitting .305 with a .762 OPS in 27 games as a 22-year-old.
Andy McCullough of the Newark Star Ledger reports that Cedeno is hoping to come off the DL by the end of the week and he’ll have the starting job waiting for him.
- Suspensions announced for Thursday’s brawl between the White Sox and Royals 0
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 58
- Report: Angels, Rangers agree on Josh Hamilton trade 61
- Must-Click Link: Alex Rodriguzez: the slugger with a thousand faces 19
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 114
- The Royals and White Sox had a benches-clearing fracas, five players ejected 155
- Bartolo Colon picks off a baserunner. By running him down all by himself. 54
- Pete Rose will be allowed to participate in All-Star Game festivities 69
- The early leaders in MLB’s “Franchise Four” thing have been announced (166)
- The Royals and White Sox had a benches-clearing fracas, five players ejected (155)
- Kelvin Herrera gets a five-game suspension; Yordano Ventura fined (133)
- Jose Bautista and the Orioles exchanged some words last night (117)
- Joe Buck has a truly awful suggestion about how to improve MLB broadcasts (115)