May 7, 2012, 5:07 PM EDT
Utility man Ronny Cedeno was already on the DL, so Justin Turner is starting at shortstop tonight despite never starting there previously in the majors and having just 53 total games at the position in the minors.
Tejada had done a very nice stepping into Jose Reyes‘ huge shoes, hitting .305 with a .762 OPS in 27 games as a 22-year-old.
Andy McCullough of the Newark Star Ledger reports that Cedeno is hoping to come off the DL by the end of the week and he’ll have the starting job waiting for him.
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 21
- Report: Zack Wheeler expected to make 2-3 starts in minors before joining Mets 16
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 112
- Astros vendor brings snow cones into bathroom stall, gets fired 58
- Don Mattingly will still be the Dodgers’ manager on Friday 18
- MLB is putting players in camouflage uniforms on Memorial Day. Which is kinda weird. (118)
- Barry Bonds: Miguel Cabrera is the best … but not as good as me (114)
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (112)
- Las Vegas police investigating Jose Canseco as a suspect in sexual assault case (80)
- Albert Pujols doesn’t matter anymore (74)
- Struggling Blackhawks on brink of elimination
- PHT: Wings push Blackhawks to brink | Highlights
- PHT: Kreider keeps Rangers alive | Highlights
- PHT: Kings defend home ice, up 3-2 | Highlights
- PBT: Hibbert says Battier's knee to groin intentional
- OlyTalk: Lochte says Phelps will return soon
- CSN: Francona returns to Boston | Legacy?