May 7, 2012, 5:07 PM EDT
Utility man Ronny Cedeno was already on the DL, so Justin Turner is starting at shortstop tonight despite never starting there previously in the majors and having just 53 total games at the position in the minors.
Tejada had done a very nice stepping into Jose Reyes‘ huge shoes, hitting .305 with a .762 OPS in 27 games as a 22-year-old.
Andy McCullough of the Newark Star Ledger reports that Cedeno is hoping to come off the DL by the end of the week and he’ll have the starting job waiting for him.
- Rangers activate Josh Hamilton from disabled list, send prospect Joey Gallo to Triple-A 10
- Huston Street says he’d retire if he was used like a 1970s-style fireman 46
- CC Sabathia looks like a reliever 25
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 58
- AL All-Star voting update: now “only” five Royals in the starting lineup 59
- Andy MacPhail introduced by the Phillies. And the first topic of conversation is sabermetrics 20
- What a world: Orioles are in first place and Ubaldo Jimenez has been their ace 16
- Settling the Scores: Sunday’s results 99
- With the same-sex marriage decision, the San Francisco Giants get another big win (275)
- Joe Maddon is the latest manager to rip instant replay. He’s got a point. (109)
- Settling the Scores: Sunday’s results (99)
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (75)
- There was a super ump show in Chicago yesterday (75)