May 7, 2012, 5:07 PM EDT
Utility man Ronny Cedeno was already on the DL, so Justin Turner is starting at shortstop tonight despite never starting there previously in the majors and having just 53 total games at the position in the minors.
Tejada had done a very nice stepping into Jose Reyes‘ huge shoes, hitting .305 with a .762 OPS in 27 games as a 22-year-old.
Andy McCullough of the Newark Star Ledger reports that Cedeno is hoping to come off the DL by the end of the week and he’ll have the starting job waiting for him.
- Reminder: even though the trade deadline has passed, trades can still happen 0
- Settling the Scores: Saturday’s results 9
- Lucas Duda’s last eight hits have been home runs 9
- Report: Larry Lucchino stepping down as president and CEO of the Red Sox 29
- Clayton Kershaw blanks the Angels over eight innings, runs consecutive scoreless innings streak to 37 19
- Clayton Kershaw and Mike Trout make MLB history in Saturday’s matchup 13
- Matt Williams on Bryce Harper’s ejection: “He needs to stay in the baseball game” 42
- UPDATE: C.J. Wilson needs elbow surgery and will likely miss the rest of the season 14
- The benches cleared in Friday’s Giants-Rangers game (188)
- Blue Jays acquire David Price from the Tigers (112)
- Rangers land ace left-hander Cole Hamels from Phillies (106)
- Royals make another big move, get Ben Zobrist from A’s (95)
- Report: Rockies trade Troy Tulowitzki to Blue Jays for Jose Reyes and prospects (92)