May 7, 2012, 4:16 PM EDT
Hunter has struggled since Baltimore acquired him from Texas along with Chris Davis in exchange for Koji Uehara last July, throwing 105 innings with a 5.04 ERA and just 4.7 strikeouts per nine frames.
He was better than that with the Rangers, although just barely. Hunter had a 4.36 ERA and 5.1 strikeouts per nine frames in 266 total innings for Texas.
Jason Berken, a 28-year-old with a 5.34 ERA in 229 career innings, was called up from Triple-A to take Hunter’s spot on the roster.
- The San Jose lawsuit against Major League Baseball should be thrown out of court 5
- San Jose sues Major League Baseball, challenging its monopoly power 23
- Original Biogenesis source: “the people running Major League Baseball are the biggest scumbags on Earth” 37
- Brian Cashman calls out Yankees hitting coach Kevin Long 47
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 84
- MLB hands down the suspensions for Tuesday night’s Dodgers-Diamondbacks melee (111)
- Neil deGrasse Tyson explains why beanball wars are stupid (104)
- Democrats beat the Republicans 22-0 in the Congressional Baseball Game (98)
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (97)
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights (88)
- Can Heat focus enough to avoid elimination?
- CSN: Bruins' defense never rests in Game 3 win
- CSN: Celtics-Clippers KG, Rivers trade talks dead
- PFT: Freed Johnson wants second chance in NFL
- PBT: Judges rules Iverson did not kidnap children
- PFT: Rodgers says Packers' moves a 'wake-up call'
- PFT: Beckham turned down chance to kick in NFL