May 8, 2012, 5:12 PM EDT
Bryce Harper joined Ken Griffey Jr., Andruw Jones, and B.J. Upton as the only 19-year-olds to bat third in a big-league game since 1980, but now he’s on the move in the Nationals’ lineup again.
Using that same since-1980 cutoff, the only previous 19-year-olds to bat second in an MLB game are Edgar Renteria, Ivan Rodriguez, Alex Rodriguez, Adrian Beltre, Jones, Griffey, and Upton. Not quite as exclusive in terms of company, but Harper is once again linked with some pretty big names.
- Frank Wren fired as Braves GM, John Hart to take over on an interim basis 41
- AND DOWN THE STRETCH THEY COME! Sizing up the final week of the regular season 36
- Must-Click Link: Derek Jeter opens up. Seriously, he really does. 44
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 58
- Must-click link: Tommy Harper and the Red Sox’ racist past 56
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 34
- Matt Garza ejected after hitting Andrew McCutchen a second time 34
- Tigers hang on for second straight win against Royals 8
- Geddy Lee’s baseball obsession makes it really hard for me to hate Rush (123)
- It certainly looks like Barry Bonds’ criminal conviction is going to be overturned (107)
- Ron Washington claims he resigned because he cheated on his wife (103)
- Giants CEO Larry Baer thinks advertisements on uniforms are coming soon (88)
- Umpire ejects jackwagon fan heckling Bryce Harper in Atlanta last night (85)