May 8, 2012, 10:00 AM EDT
We’ve been keeping track of Dylan Bundy’s firsts because he’s started so well — he didn’t give up his first hit until his fifth professional start — so why not keep track of the first run too?
It came last night. It was unearned. And it wasn’t exactly a case of him getting knocked around: the runner reached on a wild pitch strike three, and came around on a couple of errors. Overall, Bundy struck out eight batters in three innings. He hit his pitch count, however, and had to come out.
So, through six professional starts, Bundy has now pitched 20 innings, given up that unearned run, has allowed only two hits and has struck out 33. Think he’s ready for the next level Mr. Duquette?
- The benches cleared in Toronto, too 70
- The Reds’ and Pirates’ benches cleared after Brandon Phillips was hit with a pitch 47
- Reminder: even though the trade deadline has passed, trades can still happen 9
- Settling the Scores: Saturday’s results 36
- Lucas Duda’s last eight hits have been home runs 11
- Report: Larry Lucchino stepping down as president and CEO of the Red Sox 32
- Clayton Kershaw blanks the Angels over eight innings, runs consecutive scoreless innings streak to 37 20
- Clayton Kershaw and Mike Trout make MLB history in Saturday’s matchup 14
- The benches cleared in Friday’s Giants-Rangers game (205)
- Blue Jays acquire David Price from the Tigers (113)
- Rangers land ace left-hander Cole Hamels from Phillies (106)
- Royals make another big move, get Ben Zobrist from A’s (95)
- Report: Rockies trade Troy Tulowitzki to Blue Jays for Jose Reyes and prospects (92)