May 8, 2012, 10:00 AM EDT
We’ve been keeping track of Dylan Bundy’s firsts because he’s started so well — he didn’t give up his first hit until his fifth professional start — so why not keep track of the first run too?
It came last night. It was unearned. And it wasn’t exactly a case of him getting knocked around: the runner reached on a wild pitch strike three, and came around on a couple of errors. Overall, Bundy struck out eight batters in three innings. He hit his pitch count, however, and had to come out.
So, through six professional starts, Bundy has now pitched 20 innings, given up that unearned run, has allowed only two hits and has struck out 33. Think he’s ready for the next level Mr. Duquette?
- Cliff Lee placed on DL with recurrence of flexor pronator strain 13
- Winners and losers at the trade deadline 17
- 2014 Trade Deadline Tracker 48
- ACES GALORE: The Rays trade David Price to the Tigers 134
- Red Sox trade John Lackey to Cardinals for Allen Craig and Joe Kelly 88
- The Lester trade is a win-win 112
- Jon Lester, Jonny Gomes heading to Oakland for Yoenis Cespedes 165
- The State of the Trade Deadline: Yesterday was pretty sleepy. Will general managers wake up today? 40
- “Caucasians” t-shirts are hot sellers on Canadian Indian reservations (199)
- Jon Lester, Jonny Gomes heading to Oakland for Yoenis Cespedes (165)
- ACES GALORE: The Rays trade David Price to the Tigers (134)
- Rangers’ retirement gifts for Derek Jeter: Yankees cowboy boots, signed George W. Bush photo (126)
- The Lester trade is a win-win (112)