HBT Extra: In which Tiffany invites your angry comments

May 8, 2012, 8:49 AM EDT

Not about her. You could never say bad things about her, right?  No, at the end of my little Cole Hamels rant she asks all of you to rip me in the comments.  Which I know you would anyway, but it is sweet that she cares.

This video is no longer available. Click here to watch more NBC Sports videos!
  1. proudlycanadian - May 8, 2012 at 9:02 AM

My comment is about the ad I had to watch before the video. I have seen so many versions of this ad that I will never use the company.

2. Jonny 5 - May 8, 2012 at 9:04 AM

Pujols’ favorite numbers must be. 6-4-3

The O’s, are they really better than last season when they came out hot too? Yeah, by a little bit.

Hamels kept trying to tell Harper to stop crowding the plate and Harper wouldn’t. I blame the kid. ;) Although I have to tip my hat to him for acting more grown up than any of the other “adults” involved. Harper just won kinda won me over a bit, which I hate to admit.

• hasbeen5 - May 8, 2012 at 11:55 AM

Why would he stop crowding the plate?

If you ask a quarterback to stop throwing passes at your weaker cornerback, do you expect him to stop, or do you expect him to do what he thinks gives him the best chance to win?

• Jonny 5 - May 8, 2012 at 12:26 PM

To keep from being HBP of course.

• hasbeen5 - May 8, 2012 at 1:45 PM

Yes, and that’s ridiculous.

• pbsenerchia - May 8, 2012 at 1:26 PM

When was this Hamels told him not to crowd the plate? I didn’t see any of that – he hit him with the first pitch he threw.

3. theherogothamdeserved86 - May 8, 2012 at 9:07 AM

I happen to agree with you Craig but I’ll have a go anyways.

Dear Craig,

Intentionally hitting a batter is a sacred American Institution, much like the Constitution, apple pie, the flag and low voter turnout at midterm elections. So in addition to the comments you made being wrong, they are also (dare I say) un-American. Your words were hurtful Craig and you are no longer invited to the pancake social. I’d like you to print a retraction of your previous articles and to write an article about how Cole Hamels is the hero baseball deserves, but not the one it needs right now.

Good day to you sir and may God have mercy on your soul
    P.S. Haha Eric O’Flaherty, plunking my man David DeJesus in retaliation for the Heyward beaning and then he ends up scoring. You don’t mess with DeJesus.

• ajcardsfan - May 8, 2012 at 9:57 AM

I do believe good sir you snuck in a hint of the Big Lebowski…Brilliant!

Also, Craig, are you cool with taking the fall for Hamels “suspension”? I need a scape goat if I lose a game this week in fantasy baseball without another Hamels game.

4. jeffthomasb - May 8, 2012 at 10:29 AM

Talk about needing coffee– The little headline said “HAMELS HITS HARPER”, and my eyes saw “HAMEL SHIT SHARPER”. Jeepers.

5. pbsenerchia - May 8, 2012 at 10:37 AM

Regardless of whether or not you think beanballs have any place in baseball – I disagree somewhat with Craig on this point – Hamels: 1) Didn’t have any reason/justification within the confines of the game (i.e., Harper showing him up, Phils star plunked, etc.); and 2) Talked about it afterward. The only message he sent with that pitch was that he’s a bush league punk. You may or may not think fighting has any place in hockey, but nobody thinks there’s any place for a sucker punch – which is basically what Hamels did. He deserved 10 games at a minimum.

6. savocabol1 - May 8, 2012 at 12:29 PM

I literally would Tiffany

• Utley's Hair - May 8, 2012 at 3:09 PM

Wait, when did Tiffany become a verb?

Teams searching for trade deadline impact
  1. H. Street (3935)