May 8, 2012, 12:48 PM EDT
Josh Beckett skipped his scheduled Saturday start because of a sore lat muscle and Aaron Cook had a disastrous outing in his place, but Beckett avoided the disabled list and has been cleared to rejoin the rotation Thursday versus the Indians.
Beckett told Ian Browne of MLB.com that he won’t have any pitch count restrictions after missing just one turn in the rotation and he’d thrown 126, 100, and 110 pitches in his previous three outings.
Since an ugly season debut versus the Tigers on April 7 in which he served up five homers Beckett has started four games with a 2.93 ERA and 21/8 K/BB ratio in 28 innings.
- Buster Olney: The Marlins should hire A-Rod to be their next manager 29
- Breaking down the Braves-Dodgers trade 13
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 29
- So that Juan Uribe trade to the Braves is back on … 11
- Ruben Amaro apologizes for comments about fans, admits he may have been late on rebuild 24
- Jonathan Lucroy expected to rejoin the Brewers on Monday 0
- More drama in Miami: Marlins demote third base coach Brett Butler after “confusion” over signs 35
- Ruben Amaro dismisses fans who “bitch and complain” about the Phillies’ moves 70
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (133)
- Bryce Harper on Marvin Hudson ejection: “I don’t think 40,000 people came to watch him ump” (132)
- Bryce Harper ejected for second time in a week (122)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (101)
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights (96)