May 8, 2012, 10:47 AM EDT
Just when the Angels’ bullpen was showing some signs of getting its act together LaTroy Hawkins suffered a broken right pinkie finger closing out Sunday’s win.
To take his spot on the roster and in the bullpen the Angels called up David Pauley, but he’ll work a middle relief role and Hawkins will be missed in the late innings after posting a 1.08 ERA through 10 appearances.
The good news for the Angels is that Downs is hoping to avoid the disabled list and is currently listed as day-to-day with a bruised knee after an MRI exam showed no major damage.
- Kevin Youkilis opts for retirement at age 35 27
- 10 nominees for Hall of Fame’s Veterans Committee announced 94
- Bochy’s championship resume ranks among game’s best 17
- Alex Gordon would have been a dead duck had he tried to score 80
- Video: Pablo Sandoval catches final out in foul territory, Giants win 2014 World Series 10
- Madison Bumgarner pitches the Giants to their third World Series win in five seasons 93
- Madison Bumgarner named World Series MVP … obviously 21
- Pablo Sandoval sets new postseason hits record 10
- A veteran says enough is enough when it comes to tributes for the soldiers (280)
- Jose Canseco shot his middle finger off (148)
- Shocker! Joe Maddon to opt out of his contract and leave the Rays (142)
- Oscar Taveras dies after car accident in the Dominican Republic (140)
- 10-0! The Royals romp, tie it up at three games a piece (109)