May 8, 2012, 10:47 AM EDT
Just when the Angels’ bullpen was showing some signs of getting its act together LaTroy Hawkins suffered a broken right pinkie finger closing out Sunday’s win.
To take his spot on the roster and in the bullpen the Angels called up David Pauley, but he’ll work a middle relief role and Hawkins will be missed in the late innings after posting a 1.08 ERA through 10 appearances.
The good news for the Angels is that Downs is hoping to avoid the disabled list and is currently listed as day-to-day with a bruised knee after an MRI exam showed no major damage.
- The Dodgers took the shift to the extreme last night 15
- VIDEO: Jorge Soler hits two long home runs in third major league game 16
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 14
- Mariners end Jesus Montero’s season 36
- Troy Tulowitzki says he’ll retire before he switches positions 30
- Mike Trout is the best MVP choice, but . . . 44
- Baseball is dying, you guys, because no one would recognize Mike Trout in a bar 72
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 75
- Could women play major league baseball? Sure. Right now, though, the deck is stacked against them. (220)
- Forgiveness for Pete Rose? Not in this lifetime (146)
- Albert Pujols plays the “you never played the game!” card (104)
- Great Moments in Drug Testing and Punishment: The NFL Edition (101)
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights (75)