May 8, 2012, 10:47 AM EDT
Just when the Angels’ bullpen was showing some signs of getting its act together LaTroy Hawkins suffered a broken right pinkie finger closing out Sunday’s win.
To take his spot on the roster and in the bullpen the Angels called up David Pauley, but he’ll work a middle relief role and Hawkins will be missed in the late innings after posting a 1.08 ERA through 10 appearances.
The good news for the Angels is that Downs is hoping to avoid the disabled list and is currently listed as day-to-day with a bruised knee after an MRI exam showed no major damage.
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 10
- Report: Cubs calling up prospect infielder Addison Russell 14
- Jonathan Lucroy headed to disabled list with broken toe 8
- Reds manager Bryan Price goes on profanity-laden tirade against media 57
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 75
- Report: Marlins manager Mike Redmond is on the hot seat 41
- Five Royals ejected in Sunday’s series finale against the Athletics 88
- White Sox will promote Carlos Rodon on Monday 14
- The Commissioner’s Office thinks that the Angels could indeed go after Josh Hamilton under his contract (153)
- “We no longer need the terrorists. We’re now so good at terrorizing ourselves.” (143)
- Another argument in favor of making the DH universal (129)
- When it comes to Josh Hamilton, Arte Moreno is a craven opportunist, not a “smart businessman” (116)
- Joe Buck has a truly awful suggestion about how to improve MLB broadcasts (111)