May 8, 2012, 10:47 AM EST
Just when the Angels’ bullpen was showing some signs of getting its act together LaTroy Hawkins suffered a broken right pinkie finger closing out Sunday’s win.
To take his spot on the roster and in the bullpen the Angels called up David Pauley, but he’ll work a middle relief role and Hawkins will be missed in the late innings after posting a 1.08 ERA through 10 appearances.
The good news for the Angels is that Downs is hoping to avoid the disabled list and is currently listed as day-to-day with a bruised knee after an MRI exam showed no major damage.
- Matt Kemp has officially been traded to the Padres 15
- Padres acquire catcher Derek Norris from Athletics 23
- St. Petersburg City Council votes down deal to allow Rays to look for new stadium site 79
- What will the future of Cuban players in MLB look like? 25
- Royals sign Edinson Volquez for two years, $20 million 29
- Rays, Padres, Nationals agree to 11-player trade 97
- Sergio Romo re-signs with the Giants for $15 million 15
- So, apparently we’re sweating the Matt Kemp physical now 46
- Baseball’s highest-ranking Hispanic woman employee sues for discrimination (163)
- The United States will seek to normalize relations with Cuba (144)
- Cubs, Red Sox, Dodgers, Padres, Rangers, and Astros interested in Phillies’ Cole Hamels (111)
- Rays, Padres, Nationals agree to 11-player trade (97)
- Chase Headley signs a four-year deal with the Yankees worth at least $52 million. (95)