May 8, 2012, 7:23 PM EST
According to MASN’s Roch Kubatko, Tejada passed his pre-signing physical on Monday and appeared in his first extended spring training game at the O’s complex in Sarasota, Florida on Tuesday.
Tejada will likely spend around a week in Sarasota getting in shape before reporting to Triple-A Norfolk.
If all goes smoothly at Norfolk and the O’s have an opening, Tejada could eventually climb to the majors.
The 37-year-old infielder batted .239/.270/.326 with four home runs in 91 games last season for the Giants.
- Dan Uggla played through undiagnosed concussion in 2014 12
- The aura of Derek Jeter was present at the Pinstripe Bowl 40
- UPDATE: Starlin Castro free after being questioned about shooting in Dominican Republic 62
- Report: Hiroki Kuroda is going back to Japan 26
- Merry Christmas from HBT! 74
- THE YEAR IN REVIEW: HBT’s most commented-upon stories of the year 86
- The Yankees are treating Alex Rodriguez differently than they treated Derek Jeter. So what? 40
- Braves sign setup man Jason Grilli to two-year contract 15