May 8, 2012, 7:23 PM EDT
According to MASN’s Roch Kubatko, Tejada passed his pre-signing physical on Monday and appeared in his first extended spring training game at the O’s complex in Sarasota, Florida on Tuesday.
Tejada will likely spend around a week in Sarasota getting in shape before reporting to Triple-A Norfolk.
If all goes smoothly at Norfolk and the O’s have an opening, Tejada could eventually climb to the majors.
The 37-year-old infielder batted .239/.270/.326 with four home runs in 91 games last season for the Giants.
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 40
- Albert Pujols becomes 26th member of 500 home run club 32
- MLB suspends Martin Maldonado, Carlos Gomez, Travis Snider, and Russell Martin for Easter brawl 46
- “Respect the Game?” Phooey. 105
- The MLBPA is serious about investigating leaks to reporters regarding Stephen Drew, Kendrys Morales 32