May 8, 2012, 7:23 PM EDT
According to MASN’s Roch Kubatko, Tejada passed his pre-signing physical on Monday and appeared in his first extended spring training game at the O’s complex in Sarasota, Florida on Tuesday.
Tejada will likely spend around a week in Sarasota getting in shape before reporting to Triple-A Norfolk.
If all goes smoothly at Norfolk and the O’s have an opening, Tejada could eventually climb to the majors.
The 37-year-old infielder batted .239/.270/.326 with four home runs in 91 games last season for the Giants.
- MLB to test new pace-of-play rules in the Arizona Fall League — including a pitch clock 23
- Playoff Reset: The National League Wild Card Game 12
- Video: Salvador Perez walks off Royals in Wild Card Game 3
- Small ball prevails … in a 9-8 game 24
- Royals complete thrilling comeback to defeat A’s in the American League Wild Card Game 64
- Josh Hamilton declares himself ready for the ALDS 3
- Wild Card Game: A’s vs. Royals lineups 14
- Pouliot’s 2014 National League awards picks 25
- Hunter Pence dropped a bunch of F-bombs in his postgame speech. Good. (116)
- Barry Bonds discovered to be “glassing” — it’s just as bad as you think (90)
- Derek Jeter’s final game in Yankee Stadium could be cancelled because of rain (85)
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights (85)
- Previewing the 2014 Playoffs (80)