May 8, 2012, 7:23 PM EDT
According to MASN’s Roch Kubatko, Tejada passed his pre-signing physical on Monday and appeared in his first extended spring training game at the O’s complex in Sarasota, Florida on Tuesday.
Tejada will likely spend around a week in Sarasota getting in shape before reporting to Triple-A Norfolk.
If all goes smoothly at Norfolk and the O’s have an opening, Tejada could eventually climb to the majors.
The 37-year-old infielder batted .239/.270/.326 with four home runs in 91 games last season for the Giants.
- Felix Hernandez pounded as Mariners lose fourth straight 2
- Blue Jays manager John Gibbons will return in 2015 4
- HBT Daily: Why did Frank Wren get the axe? 2
- John Schuerholz defines “The Braves Way.” And it’s a pretty big pile of crap. 57
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 26
- Frank Wren fired as Braves GM, John Hart to take over on an interim basis 42
- AND DOWN THE STRETCH THEY COME! Sizing up the final week of the regular season 36
- Must-Click Link: Derek Jeter opens up. Seriously, he really does. 46
- Geddy Lee’s baseball obsession makes it really hard for me to hate Rush (124)
- It certainly looks like Barry Bonds’ criminal conviction is going to be overturned (111)
- Ron Washington claims he resigned because he cheated on his wife (103)
- Giants CEO Larry Baer thinks advertisements on uniforms are coming soon (89)
- Umpire ejects jackwagon fan heckling Bryce Harper in Atlanta last night (87)