May 8, 2012, 2:00 PM EDT
Because when Magic Johnson and Mark Walter say things about the team, they aren’t always truthful:
Neither Johnson nor Mark Walter, the Dodgers’ chairman, attended the meeting as promised. That left Kasten to answer for the comments Johnson and Walter made at last week’s news conference, when they pointedly said McCourt would make no money from the Dodgers beyond any future development of the stadium property.
“I regret we left that impression,” Kasten said.
He regrets it because it was totally and 100% wrong.
Look, this is a minor little business thing that 99.9% of the fans won’t give a rip about. But hopefully the new owners will learn quickly that candor will do wonders for them. And, if the fans don’t trust you, they’re not gonna give the product you put on the field the benefit of the doubt.
- Matt Garza ejected after hitting Andrew McCutchen a second time 2
- Tigers hang on for second straight win against Royals 2
- Phil Hughes could finish the season with the best K/BB ratio in MLB history 10
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 25
- Clayton Kershaw wins his 20th game of the season 11
- Why are so many people acting like Bryce Harper is a bum? 80
- It certainly looks like Barry Bonds’ criminal conviction is going to be overturned 100
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 72
- Geddy Lee’s baseball obsession makes it really hard for me to hate Rush (118)
- Ron Washington claims he resigned because he cheated on his wife (103)
- It certainly looks like Barry Bonds’ criminal conviction is going to be overturned (100)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (83)
- Umpire ejects jackwagon fan heckling Bryce Harper in Atlanta last night (82)