May 8, 2012, 9:20 PM EDT
From Tim Britton of the Providence Journal comes word that Red Sox rookie Will Middlebrooks had to be lifted from Tuesday’s game against the Royals after experiencing left hamstring tightness while running the bases in the second inning.
Middlebrooks finished the evening 1-for-1 with a double and is now batting .409 with a 1.435 OPS and seven extra-base hits in 22 at-bats this year. Nick Punto replaced him at third base and seems likely to draw the start there in Wednesday’s series finale.
- Rockies place Troy Tulowitzki on the disabled list 18
- Rob Manfred “heavily favored” to be Bud Selig’s replacement 29
- Yankees acquire Chase Headley from Padres 107
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 39
- Cliff Lee struggles in first start back from disabled list 15
- On the 10th anniversary of his MLB debut, let’s appreciate David Wright 29
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 36
- Odrisamer Despaigne loses his no-hitter with two outs in the eighth inning 8