May 8, 2012, 9:20 PM EDT
From Tim Britton of the Providence Journal comes word that Red Sox rookie Will Middlebrooks had to be lifted from Tuesday’s game against the Royals after experiencing left hamstring tightness while running the bases in the second inning.
Middlebrooks finished the evening 1-for-1 with a double and is now batting .409 with a 1.435 OPS and seven extra-base hits in 22 at-bats this year. Nick Punto replaced him at third base and seems likely to draw the start there in Wednesday’s series finale.
- Madison Bumgarner delivers a shutout as Giants roll past Pirates in NL Wild Card Game 5
- Angels announce ALDS rotation: Jered Weaver in Game 1, Matt Shoemaker for Game 2 2
- The beauty of belief 42
- MLB to test new pace-of-play rules in the Arizona Fall League — including a pitch clock 44
- Playoff Reset: The National League Wild Card Game 15
- Video: Salvador Perez walks off Royals in Wild Card Game 3
- Small ball prevails … in a 9-8 game 25
- Royals complete thrilling comeback to defeat A’s in the American League Wild Card Game 75
- Hunter Pence dropped a bunch of F-bombs in his postgame speech. Good. (116)
- Barry Bonds discovered to be “glassing” — it’s just as bad as you think (90)
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights (85)
- Ned Yost on the sixth inning and his bullpen usage: “its just one of those things” (81)
- Previewing the 2014 Playoffs (80)