May 9, 2012, 2:00 PM EST
The Phillies made it official a few minutes ago: Cliff Lee has been activated. To make room for him on the roster they have sent down Michael Schwimer to Lehigh Valley.
Lee will be on a pitch count tonight — 80 pitches. So the Philly pen will get another chance to work the magic it has worked thus far this season.
But hey: Cliff Lee back is better news than any of that is bad news.
- Mets sign 40-year-old Bartolo Colon for two years, $20 million 31
- MLB rules committee decides to eliminate collisions at home plate 37
- Mariners sign Corey Hart to incentive-laden deal 27
- David Price would not consider an extension with the Mariners if he’s traded there 35
- Media paying for athlete interviews? Not likely. But watch this stuff closely anyway. 20
- Robinson Cano agrees to $240 million deal with Mariners (260)
- Report: Mariners willing to offer Robinson Cano a 10-year, $240 million deal (143)
- Report: Yankees have agreed to a three-year deal with Carlos Beltran (125)
- Brett Gardner is drawing “significant” trade interest (113)
- Managers, GMs to meet today to discuss the abolition of home plate collisions (113)