May 9, 2012, 10:15 AM EST
Desmond Jennings left Sunday’s game with a knee injury and an MRI exam showed a sprain, so the Rays left fielder remained out of the starting lineup versus the Yankees last night.
Jennings told Bill Chastain of MLB.com that the injury “feels better than it did” and “I can live with what it is.”
He also made it clear that he expects to avoid the disabled list, potentially being available to pinch-hit as soon as tonight. When he does return Jennings will be wearing a knee brace “for several weeks,” according to Marc Topkin of the Tampa Bay Times.
Through the first 109 games of his career Jennings has hit .259 with a .347 on-base percentage and .430 slugging percentage, totaling 13 homers and 30 steals.
- Royals sign Edinson Volquez for two years, $20 million 20
- Rays, Padres, Nationals agree to 11-player trade 75
- Sergio Romo re-signs with the Giants for $15 million 13
- So, apparently we’re sweating the Matt Kemp physical now 45
- The United States will seek to normalize relations with Cuba 141
- Marlins complete Michael Morse deal: two years, $16 million 18
- Padres, Rays, Mariners discussing trade involving Wil Myers 36
- It is perfectly clear that A-Rod is the Yankees’ DH. At best. So there will be no drama, right? 37
- Baseball’s highest-ranking Hispanic woman employee sues for discrimination (163)
- The United States will seek to normalize relations with Cuba (143)
- Cubs, Red Sox, Dodgers, Padres, Rangers, and Astros interested in Phillies’ Cole Hamels (110)
- Done Deal: Yoenis Cespedes and two players traded to Detroit for Rick Porcello and a minor leaguer (105)
- Chase Headley signs a four-year deal with the Yankees worth at least $52 million. (95)