May 9, 2012, 10:15 AM EST
Desmond Jennings left Sunday’s game with a knee injury and an MRI exam showed a sprain, so the Rays left fielder remained out of the starting lineup versus the Yankees last night.
Jennings told Bill Chastain of MLB.com that the injury “feels better than it did” and “I can live with what it is.”
He also made it clear that he expects to avoid the disabled list, potentially being available to pinch-hit as soon as tonight. When he does return Jennings will be wearing a knee brace “for several weeks,” according to Marc Topkin of the Tampa Bay Times.
Through the first 109 games of his career Jennings has hit .259 with a .347 on-base percentage and .430 slugging percentage, totaling 13 homers and 30 steals.
- Phillies GM told Ryan Howard they’d be better off “not with him but without him” 71
- Trea Turner’s agent is unhappy his client is in limbo after trade to Nationals 40
- Nexen Heroes accept Jung-Ho Kang posting fee from unidentified MLB team 22
- Giants acquire Casey McGehee from the Marlins 15
- The Padres have given their fans something to talk about. Which is badly needed in San Diego. 64
- Justin Upton traded to the Padres for three prospects 79
- Bud Selig will get a $6 million a year pension. Which is obscene. 144
- Jake Peavy agrees to a two-year, $24 million deal to stay with the San Francisco Giants 26
- The United States will seek to normalize relations with Cuba (144)
- Bud Selig will get a $6 million a year pension. Which is obscene. (144)
- Cubs, Red Sox, Dodgers, Padres, Rangers, and Astros interested in Phillies’ Cole Hamels (111)
- Rays, Padres, Nationals agree to 11-player trade (97)
- Chase Headley signs a four-year deal with the Yankees worth at least $52 million. (95)