May 9, 2012, 8:22 AM EST
What is it with Cubs pitchers getting all surly after getting roughed up the Braves? Last year Carlos Zambrano kicked off a mini Operation Shutdown after Atlanta torched him. Last night Kerry Wood walked two Braves and gave up two more and the lead. Then he had himself a little hissy fit. Patrick Mooney of CSNChicago.com reports. Video of Wood’s comments below:
Kerry Wood walked off the mound and squeezed his glove before throwing it into the stands. He tossed his hat to the fans before disappearing into the dugout … His postgame media session lasted 45 seconds. He cut it off after a reporter mentioned the glove.
“Irrelevant, dude, and why the (bleep) would you even bring that up?” Wood said. “You guys have a good night.”
With that, Wood stormed away from his locker.
Yeah, silly to ask Wood a question like that given just how often players throw their gloves and hats into the stands. It’s a total dog-bites-man story.
- What will the future of Cuban players in MLB look like? 19
- Royals sign Edinson Volquez for two years, $20 million 27
- Rays, Padres, Nationals agree to 11-player trade 95
- Sergio Romo re-signs with the Giants for $15 million 15
- So, apparently we’re sweating the Matt Kemp physical now 46
- The United States will seek to normalize relations with Cuba 144
- Marlins complete Michael Morse deal: two years, $16 million 19
- Padres, Rays, Mariners discussing trade involving Wil Myers 36
- Baseball’s highest-ranking Hispanic woman employee sues for discrimination (163)
- The United States will seek to normalize relations with Cuba (144)
- Cubs, Red Sox, Dodgers, Padres, Rangers, and Astros interested in Phillies’ Cole Hamels (110)
- Done Deal: Yoenis Cespedes and two players traded to Detroit for Rick Porcello and a minor leaguer (105)
- Chase Headley signs a four-year deal with the Yankees worth at least $52 million. (95)