May 9, 2012, 4:27 PM EDT
We now know what the “complication” was in Mariano Rivera‘s exam the other day: he had a blood clot. Here’s how we know this:
I’m gonna go out on a limb here and say that they’re all standing next to each other, in Rivera’s presence, looking kinda funny tweeting all at once. Hopefully they’re still wearing their fedoras with the little card that says “press” in it as they do it. And if someone can get a pic of that for me it would be epic.
Anyway, Rivera says that, while the clot “scared” him, it has already been dealt with and that, as soon as his leg loosens up some and he can get a better range of motion with it, he should be slated for surgery. As reported yesterday, this should not impact his recovery timetable at all.
- MLB hands down the suspensions for Tuesday night’s Dodgers-Diamondbacks melee (111)
- Democrats beat the Republicans 22-0 in the Congressional Baseball Game (98)
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (97)
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights (88)
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights (84)
- Blackhawks win OT thriller
- PHT: Blackhawks rattle Rask in Game 4
- PFT: Report: Hernandez accused of prior shooting
- CSN: Report: Hernandez 'not ruled out' as suspect
- PBT Extra: Will the Spurs recover for Game 7?
- PBT: Celts, Clips restart Doc, KG trade talks
- HBT: Hamilton dropped to 7th in Angels lineup