May 9, 2012, 4:27 PM EDT
We now know what the “complication” was in Mariano Rivera‘s exam the other day: he had a blood clot. Here’s how we know this:
I’m gonna go out on a limb here and say that they’re all standing next to each other, in Rivera’s presence, looking kinda funny tweeting all at once. Hopefully they’re still wearing their fedoras with the little card that says “press” in it as they do it. And if someone can get a pic of that for me it would be epic.
Anyway, Rivera says that, while the clot “scared” him, it has already been dealt with and that, as soon as his leg loosens up some and he can get a better range of motion with it, he should be slated for surgery. As reported yesterday, this should not impact his recovery timetable at all.
- Ivan Nova diagnosed with a partially torn ulnar collateral ligament in his right elbow 10
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 26
- Bryce Harper pulled from Saturday’s game for not hustling 91
- Report: MLB likely to adjust rules for plays at home and transfer catches 24
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 17
- “They Don’t Know Henry” (167)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (127)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (112)
- Must-Click Link: Yasiel Puig’s harrowing journey to the United States (99)