May 9, 2012, 4:27 PM EDT
We now know what the “complication” was in Mariano Rivera‘s exam the other day: he had a blood clot. Here’s how we know this:
I’m gonna go out on a limb here and say that they’re all standing next to each other, in Rivera’s presence, looking kinda funny tweeting all at once. Hopefully they’re still wearing their fedoras with the little card that says “press” in it as they do it. And if someone can get a pic of that for me it would be epic.
Anyway, Rivera says that, while the clot “scared” him, it has already been dealt with and that, as soon as his leg loosens up some and he can get a better range of motion with it, he should be slated for surgery. As reported yesterday, this should not impact his recovery timetable at all.
- Sammy Sosa wasn’t invited to Wrigley Field’s 100th birthday 20
- Wrigley Field — the most human park in baseball — turns 100-years-old 15
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 72
- Albert Pujols becomes 26th member of 500 home run club 46
- MLB suspends Martin Maldonado, Carlos Gomez, Travis Snider, and Russell Martin for Easter brawl 48