May 9, 2012, 4:50 PM EST
Ugh, the saddest news for a voice you’ve probably heard but likely never knew:
Carl Beane, the public address announcer at Fenway Park has died after a car crash in Sturbridge. Worcester District Attorney Joseph Early says the 59-year-old died in a one-car crash on Holland Road Wednesday afternoon.
He had the P.A. job since 2003.
- Media paying for athlete interviews? Not likely. But watch this stuff closely anyway. 13
- Rockies acquire Brett Anderson from A’s 12
- D’backs, Angels, White Sox agree to three-team Mark Trumbo deal 65
- Ranking MLB managers by . . . handsomeness 82
- Curtis Granderson: “A lot of people have told me real New Yorkers are Mets fans” 61
- Robinson Cano agrees to $240 million deal with Mariners (260)
- Report: Mariners willing to offer Robinson Cano a 10-year, $240 million deal (143)
- Report: Yankees have agreed to a three-year deal with Carlos Beltran (125)
- Brett Gardner is drawing “significant” trade interest (113)
- Robinson Cano “didn’t want to play” for Joe Girardi (110)