May 9, 2012, 4:50 PM EDT
Ugh, the saddest news for a voice you’ve probably heard but likely never knew:
Carl Beane, the public address announcer at Fenway Park has died after a car crash in Sturbridge. Worcester District Attorney Joseph Early says the 59-year-old died in a one-car crash on Holland Road Wednesday afternoon.
He had the P.A. job since 2003.
- Jose Reyes is on track to be activated Friday 3
- Dustin Pedroia given cortisone injection for sore left wrist, aiming to return Wednesday 1
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists 209
- John Farrell to get fined for being critical of instant replay 47
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 91
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (213)
- The Red Sox are still steamed that a PED guy played against them in the playoffs last year (129)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (124)
- We don’t need to celebrate Barry Bonds, but we should avoid whitewashing baseball history (122)
- Must-Click Link: Yasiel Puig’s harrowing journey to the United States (95)