May 9, 2012, 10:47 AM EST
The end result was Molina taking a mid-90s fastball off his hand, which caused the always tough catcher to leave the game, but according to manager Mike Matheny an X-ray taken immediately afterward came back “clean.”
Matheny told Joe Strauss of the St. Louis Post Dispatch that Molina will probably be examined further, but the fact that the Cardinals don’t plan to add another catcher to the roster along with little-used backup Tony Cruz is a good sign for now.
- Ian Kinsler hopes Rangers go 0-162, calls GM a “sleazeball” (132)
- The Cleveland Plain Dealer comes out strongly against Chief Wahoo (116)
- Albert Pujols was insulted when someone asked him if he can put up Mike Trout numbers (98)
- Report: Harold Reynolds, Tom Verducci to join Joe Buck for World Series booth at Fox (73)
- The politics of “The Cardinal Way” (67)