May 9, 2012, 1:30 PM EDT
Yoenis Cespedes was scratched from yesterday’s lineup due to some sort of hand injury. It was thought that he hurt it during batting practice.
This morning Susan Slusser of the San Francisco Chronicle spoke with Billy Beane. There’s no word yet on Cespedes condition, but the hope is that the injury is not serious. He will have x-rays and an MRI at some point today.
On the year, Cespedes is hitting .245/.319/.434 with five homers and 21 driven in.
- Reds hope to get Joey Votto back for the “stretch run” 4
- Jean Segura leaves Brewers following the death of his nine-month-old son 45
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 29
- Rangers catcher Geovany Soto arrested for marijuana possession 62
- Babe Ruth made his major league debut 100 years ago today 50
- Rockies owner: “maybe Denver doesn’t deserve a franchise . . . maybe time for it to find a new home” 80
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 33
- Masahiro Tanaka diagnosed with partially-torn UCL in elbow 114
- Shocker: the Red Sox publicly criticize A.J. Pierzynski after cutting him (191)
- John Lackey on Nelson Cruz: “Not even going to comment … I’ve got nothing to say about him” (143)
- Masahiro Tanaka diagnosed with partially-torn UCL in elbow (114)
- The 2014 All-Star rosters have been announced (103)
- Giants broadcaster says Angel Hernandez “does not belong in the big leagues” (102)