May 9, 2012, 1:30 PM EDT
Yoenis Cespedes was scratched from yesterday’s lineup due to some sort of hand injury. It was thought that he hurt it during batting practice.
This morning Susan Slusser of the San Francisco Chronicle spoke with Billy Beane. There’s no word yet on Cespedes condition, but the hope is that the injury is not serious. He will have x-rays and an MRI at some point today.
On the year, Cespedes is hitting .245/.319/.434 with five homers and 21 driven in.
- HardballTalk’s Top 150 Free Agents for 2015 12
- Joe Maddon’s pursuit of the Cubs job called “a classless act” by some in the game 77
- Kevin Youkilis opts for retirement at age 35 29
- 10 nominees for Hall of Fame’s Veterans Committee announced 96
- Bochy’s championship resume ranks among game’s best 18
- Alex Gordon would have been a dead duck had he tried to score 80
- Video: Pablo Sandoval catches final out in foul territory, Giants win 2014 World Series 10
- Madison Bumgarner pitches the Giants to their third World Series win in five seasons 93
- A veteran says enough is enough when it comes to tributes for the soldiers (281)
- Jose Canseco shot his middle finger off (148)
- Shocker! Joe Maddon to opt out of his contract and leave the Rays (142)
- Oscar Taveras dies after car accident in the Dominican Republic (140)
- 10-0! The Royals romp, tie it up at three games a piece (109)