May 9, 2012, 1:30 PM EDT
Yoenis Cespedes was scratched from yesterday’s lineup due to some sort of hand injury. It was thought that he hurt it during batting practice.
This morning Susan Slusser of the San Francisco Chronicle spoke with Billy Beane. There’s no word yet on Cespedes condition, but the hope is that the injury is not serious. He will have x-rays and an MRI at some point today.
On the year, Cespedes is hitting .245/.319/.434 with five homers and 21 driven in.
- Craig Kimbrel wins Trevor Hoffman Award; Greg Holland gets Mariano Rivera Award 2
- World Series, Game 2: Giants vs. Royals lineups 8
- HBT Daily: Are the Royals doomed, doomed, doomed? 10
- Giants inhaling the air of superiority after Game 1 7
- What’s in a name? “Big Game” James did not come up big for Kansas City 22
- World Series Reset: The Royals look to pick themselves up off the mat 8
- Royals’ World Series hopes in Yordano Ventura’s hands 7
- Giants stomp Royals 7-1 in World Series Game 1 rout 34
- Erroneous Narrative Alert: no, the Giants are not a “gritty,” anti-stats organization (121)
- So, if you’re not a fan of the Royals or Giants, who ya got? (120)
- Pedro Martinez has some opinions about who the new “face of baseball” is (112)
- PANTY RAID! Homeland Security agents confiscate unlicensed Kansas City Royals underwear (94)
- “The Kansas City Royals Are the Future of Baseball” — someone actually said that. (93)