May 10, 2012, 3:01 PM EDT
The tastefully named Craig Fehrman is spending a season with the Bridgeport Bluefish of the Atlantic League and is writing up his experiences for Deadspin. His first entry is up today and it’s a good read. Red Sox fans who still miss Joey Gathright’s single at bat from last season will be in for a treat, for he is back in independent ball.
I think my favorite thing, however, is the Bluefish’s GM Bob Goughan describing a weird one-game playoff his team was forced to play last season due to a hurricane as “Dadaesque.” When was the last time you ever heard of anyone in baseball call something “Dadaesque?”
Anyway, it’s a good read. As they say: Any work of art that can be understood is the product of journalism.
- Ian Kinsler hopes Rangers go 0-162, calls GM a “sleazeball” (132)
- Albert Pujols was insulted when someone asked him if he can put up Mike Trout numbers (103)
- The politics of “The Cardinal Way” (67)
- Robinson Cano wants the Mariners to bring in Kendrys Morales and Ervin Santana (64)
- Reporter calls Ian Kinsler as self-absorbed as A-Rod (60)