May 10, 2012, 3:01 PM EDT
The tastefully named Craig Fehrman is spending a season with the Bridgeport Bluefish of the Atlantic League and is writing up his experiences for Deadspin. His first entry is up today and it’s a good read. Red Sox fans who still miss Joey Gathright’s single at bat from last season will be in for a treat, for he is back in independent ball.
I think my favorite thing, however, is the Bluefish’s GM Bob Goughan describing a weird one-game playoff his team was forced to play last season due to a hurricane as “Dadaesque.” When was the last time you ever heard of anyone in baseball call something “Dadaesque?”
Anyway, it’s a good read. As they say: Any work of art that can be understood is the product of journalism.
- MLB hands down the suspensions for Tuesday night’s Dodgers-Diamondbacks melee (111)
- Neil deGrasse Tyson explains why beanball wars are stupid (104)
- Democrats beat the Republicans 22-0 in the Congressional Baseball Game (98)
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (97)
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights (88)
- Heat rally to beat Spurs in Game 6
- PBT: After blowing lead, can Spurs rebound in Game 7?
- CSN: Report: Hernandez 'not ruled out' as suspect
- PHT: Can Blackhawks solve Rask in Game 4?
- PST: On-fire Altidore lifts USA over Honduras in WCQ
- Underseeded? Nadal draws No. 5 at Wimbledon
- CSN: Celtics-Clippers KG, Rivers trade talks dead