May 10, 2012, 3:01 PM EST
The tastefully named Craig Fehrman is spending a season with the Bridgeport Bluefish of the Atlantic League and is writing up his experiences for Deadspin. His first entry is up today and it’s a good read. Red Sox fans who still miss Joey Gathright’s single at bat from last season will be in for a treat, for he is back in independent ball.
I think my favorite thing, however, is the Bluefish’s GM Bob Goughan describing a weird one-game playoff his team was forced to play last season due to a hurricane as “Dadaesque.” When was the last time you ever heard of anyone in baseball call something “Dadaesque?”
Anyway, it’s a good read. As they say: Any work of art that can be understood is the product of journalism.
- Report: Two agents rumbled in the parking lot at the Winter Meetings 29
- Mets sign 40-year-old Bartolo Colon for two years, $20 million 38
- MLB rules committee decides to eliminate collisions at home plate 60
- Mariners sign Corey Hart to incentive-laden deal 28
- David Price would not consider an extension with the Mariners if he’s traded there 35
- Robinson Cano agrees to $240 million deal with Mariners (260)
- Report: Mariners willing to offer Robinson Cano a 10-year, $240 million deal (143)
- Report: Yankees have agreed to a three-year deal with Carlos Beltran (125)
- Brett Gardner is drawing “significant” trade interest (113)
- Managers, GMs to meet today to discuss the abolition of home plate collisions (113)