May 10, 2012, 10:20 PM EDT
UPDATE: According to Marc Carig of the Newark Star-Ledger, Gardner won’t pick up a bat for 10 days after aggravating the muscle in his right elbow.
Yankees manager Joe Girardi estimated that he’ll miss 15-25 days, so we won’t see him back until late May or early June at this point.
4:31 PM: Brett Gardner was expected to be activated Thursday after playing two minor league rehab games with Triple-A Scranton/Wilkes-Barre, but it didn’t happen. Why? Setback:
Girardi said Gardner had a “little setback” and is being sent for another MRI on his elbow.
— Mark Feinsand (@BloggingBombers) May 10, 2012
Not good news. The Yankees lineup is having some trouble these days and could use Gardner’s on-base skills and speed. More news as we learn it.
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (244)
- “They Don’t Know Henry” (167)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (125)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (112)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (96)