May 10, 2012, 8:49 AM EST
… after what Manuel watched on the field in a 10-6 loss to the Mets — some sloppy fielding, runners left all over the basepaths and another implosion from his bullpen — he couldn’t contain himself for a second straight night. He unloaded on his club in a closed-door team meeting after getting swept at home by the division-rival Mets … The lambasting covered the gamut. Manuel had enough of everything, from the shoddy execution to lackadaisical approach.
That report comes from CSNPhilly.com. As a rights holder, Comcast has special advantages over other outlets covering the Phillies. And, as a fellow Comcast-owned outlet, we here at HardballTalk are afforded certain advantages too. So, in an HBT exclusive, here is video of Charlie Manuel’s closed-door meeting from last night:
I expect things will improve now.
- Tony Blengino says recent report on Seattle front office is “just the tip of the iceberg” 43
- Rakuten Golden Eagles appear likely to allow Masahiro Tanaka’s departure to MLB 46
- 2013 Winter Meetings Preview 23
- Matt Kemp remains “in play” for the Red Sox 56
- Robinson Cano “didn’t want to play” for Joe Girardi 108
- Robinson Cano agrees to $240 million deal with Mariners (260)
- Yankees agree to seven-year, $153M contract with free agent outfielder Jacoby Ellsbury (160)
- Report: Mariners willing to offer Robinson Cano a 10-year, $240 million deal (143)
- Report: Yankees have agreed to a three-year deal with Carlos Beltran (125)
- Brett Gardner is drawing “significant” trade interest (111)