May 10, 2012, 9:12 AM EDT
What’s more extreme in this play? The awesomeness of Andrew McCutchen busting home from second base on a ball hit through the infield or the indecisiveness of Ian Desmond in not throwing the ball home in an attempt to nail him at the plate?
When I first saw it I thought that maybe the catcher wasn’t looking for the throw or was out of position, but … nope.
Speed + brain locks = fun.
- Mariners end Jesus Montero’s season 18
- Troy Tulowitzki says he’ll retire before he switches positions 20
- Mike Trout is the best MVP choice, but . . . 18
- Baseball is dying, you guys, because no one would recognize Mike Trout in a bar 65
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 75
- Alex Gordon and the M-V-P chants 42
- Could women play major league baseball? Sure. Right now, though, the deck is stacked against them. 217
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 63
- Could women play major league baseball? Sure. Right now, though, the deck is stacked against them. (217)
- Forgiveness for Pete Rose? Not in this lifetime (145)
- Albert Pujols plays the “you never played the game!” card (104)
- Great Moments in Drug Testing and Punishment: The NFL Edition (101)
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights (75)