May 10, 2012, 9:12 AM EDT
What’s more extreme in this play? The awesomeness of Andrew McCutchen busting home from second base on a ball hit through the infield or the indecisiveness of Ian Desmond in not throwing the ball home in an attempt to nail him at the plate?
When I first saw it I thought that maybe the catcher wasn’t looking for the throw or was out of position, but … nope.
Speed + brain locks = fun.
- What Yasiel Puig being a pain in the butt means. And what it doesn’t mean. 43
- Report: Jerry Dipoto “definitely out” as Angels GM 69
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 39
- Rangers activate Josh Hamilton from disabled list, send prospect Joey Gallo to Triple-A 12
- Huston Street says he’d retire if he was used like a 1970s-style fireman 48
- CC Sabathia looks like a reliever 28
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 58
- AL All-Star voting update: now “only” five Royals in the starting lineup 59
- With the same-sex marriage decision, the San Francisco Giants get another big win (276)
- Joe Maddon is the latest manager to rip instant replay. He’s got a point. (110)
- Settling the Scores: Sunday’s results (99)
- There was a super ump show in Chicago yesterday (75)
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (75)