May 10, 2012, 9:12 AM EDT
What’s more extreme in this play? The awesomeness of Andrew McCutchen busting home from second base on a ball hit through the infield or the indecisiveness of Ian Desmond in not throwing the ball home in an attempt to nail him at the plate?
When I first saw it I thought that maybe the catcher wasn’t looking for the throw or was out of position, but … nope.
Speed + brain locks = fun.
- Manny Machado dealing with scar tissue in knee, increasingly unlikely for Opening Day 0
- The D-Backs weren’t kidding about the retaliation thing 43
- Red Sox prospect gets arrested, acts like a monumental jackwagon 80
- Jon Niese bristles at the media reporting Dan Warthen’s racial slur — and I sorta understand why 45
- Jimmy Rollins on Ryne Sandberg: “Everyone is allowed to have their opinion. That doesn’t make it right.” 75
- Is Barry Bonds really getting a “fair hearing?” (104)
- Keith Olbermann REALLY hates that Barry Bonds is coaching the Giants for a week (101)
- Manny Machado calls $519K salary for 2014 “disappointing” (90)
- Giants players love having Barry Bonds at spring training (90)
- Ryan Braun calls himself an “artist,” doesn’t care what fans on the road will shout at him (84)