May 10, 2012, 3:15 PM EDT
Daniel McCutchen, who threw 189 innings for the Pirates during the past three seasons, was called up from Triple-A to take Hanrahan’s place on the roster.
Juan Cruz is the obvious candidate to fill in at closer if Pittsburgh has any save chances in the next three days. Hanrahan missed some time last month with a hamstring injury and has struggled to throw strikes, but has converted six of seven save opportunities with 14 strikeouts in 11 innings.
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 1
- Alex Sanabia brings back the spitball in beating the Phillies 12
- Joe Maddon shows us why limited instant replay and manager challenges are bad ideas 36
- Albert Pujols doesn’t matter anymore 63
- Apparently Miguel Cabrera’s 2013 has made his 2012 better somehow 55
- Wings stun Hawks again, take 2-1 series lead
- Posnanski: Once the best, Pujols now irrelevant
- Sports world keeps eye on Oklahoma tornado
- PBT: Vogel downplays war of words with LeBron
- HBT: Camera catches Marlins' Sanabia with spitball
- PBT: Howard reportedly frustrated with D'Antoni
- PBT: Durant, Thunder send support to tornado victims