May 10, 2012, 1:30 PM EDT
Jim Salisbury of CSNPhilly.com spoke with Phillies GM Ruben Amaro, and he ripped his team at length, and didn’t spare either himself or Charlie Manuel in the criticism. Then he said, if things don’t go well in the next two months, he may blow it up:
“We just have to get on track. But if July comes and we’re playing like this, we’ll be sellers. How we play now will determine whether we’ll be buyers or sellers in July.”
No, I wouldn’t expect a tear-down or anything. But it’s not like the Phillies have a ton of financial space to improve the team either.
It hasn’t been this bad in Philly in over five years, folks.
- Manny Machado could join the Orioles as soon as next weekend 0
- Michael Pineda suspended 10 games for “foreign substance” 43
- Doc Gooden calls B.S. on people saying pine tar is just to help pitchers get a grip on the ball 86
- Pineda and pine tar: baseball is, once again, sending mixed signals about cheating 126
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 69
- Josh Lueke is a rapist. How often does that bear repeating? (201)
- Benches clear in Pittsburgh after the Brewers’ Carlos Gomez bat flips a third-inning triple (183)
- Michael Pineda ejected in second inning for pine tar on neck, facing a 10-game suspension (156)
- Pineda and pine tar: baseball is, once again, sending mixed signals about cheating (126)
- Chipper Jones chimed in on the Carlos Gomez incident (111)