May 10, 2012, 1:30 PM EDT
Jim Salisbury of CSNPhilly.com spoke with Phillies GM Ruben Amaro, and he ripped his team at length, and didn’t spare either himself or Charlie Manuel in the criticism. Then he said, if things don’t go well in the next two months, he may blow it up:
“We just have to get on track. But if July comes and we’re playing like this, we’ll be sellers. How we play now will determine whether we’ll be buyers or sellers in July.”
No, I wouldn’t expect a tear-down or anything. But it’s not like the Phillies have a ton of financial space to improve the team either.
It hasn’t been this bad in Philly in over five years, folks.
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 0
- Boston Marathon heroes remembered with pregame ceremony at Fenway Park 8
- Benches clear in Pittsburgh after the Brewers’ Carlos Gomez bat flips a third-inning triple 162
- Yankees activate Mark Teixeira from the disabled list 6
- Ivan Nova diagnosed with a partially torn ulnar collateral ligament in his right elbow 30
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (249)
- “They Don’t Know Henry” (167)
- Benches clear in Pittsburgh after the Brewers’ Carlos Gomez bat flips a third-inning triple (162)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (127)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (112)