May 10, 2012, 1:30 PM EST
Jim Salisbury of CSNPhilly.com spoke with Phillies GM Ruben Amaro, and he ripped his team at length, and didn’t spare either himself or Charlie Manuel in the criticism. Then he said, if things don’t go well in the next two months, he may blow it up:
“We just have to get on track. But if July comes and we’re playing like this, we’ll be sellers. How we play now will determine whether we’ll be buyers or sellers in July.”
No, I wouldn’t expect a tear-down or anything. But it’s not like the Phillies have a ton of financial space to improve the team either.
It hasn’t been this bad in Philly in over five years, folks.
- Ian Kinsler hopes Rangers go 0-162, calls GM a “sleazeball” (132)
- The Cleveland Plain Dealer comes out strongly against Chief Wahoo (116)
- Albert Pujols was insulted when someone asked him if he can put up Mike Trout numbers (88)
- Report: Harold Reynolds, Tom Verducci to join Joe Buck for World Series booth at Fox (73)
- The politics of “The Cardinal Way” (67)