May 10, 2012, 1:30 PM EST
Jim Salisbury of CSNPhilly.com spoke with Phillies GM Ruben Amaro, and he ripped his team at length, and didn’t spare either himself or Charlie Manuel in the criticism. Then he said, if things don’t go well in the next two months, he may blow it up:
“We just have to get on track. But if July comes and we’re playing like this, we’ll be sellers. How we play now will determine whether we’ll be buyers or sellers in July.”
No, I wouldn’t expect a tear-down or anything. But it’s not like the Phillies have a ton of financial space to improve the team either.
It hasn’t been this bad in Philly in over five years, folks.
- Report: Yankees have agreed to a three-year deal with Carlos Beltran 67
- Mike Napoli agrees to two-year, $32 million deal with Red Sox 25
- Curtis Granderson leaves Yankees for Mets (and $60 million) 66
- Robinson Cano agrees to $240 million deal with Mariners 256
- MLB, NPB nearing new posting system agreement 9
- Robinson Cano agrees to $240 million deal with Mariners (257)
- Yankees agree to seven-year, $153M contract with free agent outfielder Jacoby Ellsbury (160)
- Report: Mariners willing to offer Robinson Cano a 10-year, $240 million deal (143)
- When will the Yankees regret the Jacoby Ellsbury contract? (101)
- Robinson Cano signing only bad if the Mariners stop now (93)