May 11, 2012, 8:56 PM EST
Adam Dunn just did it again.
The resurgent slugger connected for a solo blast off right-hander Felipe Paulino in the bottom of the first inning tonight against the Royals. With that, he already has 11 home runs through 139 plate appearances this year after hitting just 11 over 496 plate appearances during his miserable first season with the Pale Hose.
Dunn is still striking out at a ridiculous pace, but only Josh Hamilton (15) and Matt Kemp (12) have hit more home runs so far this season. Curtis Granderson is also currently sitting at 11 home runs. Looks like we have ourselves an early candidate for comeback player of the year.
- Robinson Cano agrees to $240 million deal with Mariners (260)
- Yankees agree to seven-year, $153M contract with free agent outfielder Jacoby Ellsbury (160)
- Report: Mariners willing to offer Robinson Cano a 10-year, $240 million deal (143)
- Report: Yankees have agreed to a three-year deal with Carlos Beltran (125)
- Brett Gardner is drawing “significant” trade interest (109)