May 11, 2012, 8:56 PM EDT
Adam Dunn just did it again.
The resurgent slugger connected for a solo blast off right-hander Felipe Paulino in the bottom of the first inning tonight against the Royals. With that, he already has 11 home runs through 139 plate appearances this year after hitting just 11 over 496 plate appearances during his miserable first season with the Pale Hose.
Dunn is still striking out at a ridiculous pace, but only Josh Hamilton (15) and Matt Kemp (12) have hit more home runs so far this season. Curtis Granderson is also currently sitting at 11 home runs. Looks like we have ourselves an early candidate for comeback player of the year.
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 38
- Cliff Lee placed on DL with recurrence of flexor pronator strain 27
- Winners and losers at the trade deadline 45
- 2014 Trade Deadline Tracker 49
- ACES GALORE: The Rays trade David Price to the Tigers 137
- Red Sox trade John Lackey to Cardinals for Allen Craig and Joe Kelly 91
- The Lester trade is a win-win 113
- Jon Lester, Jonny Gomes heading to Oakland for Yoenis Cespedes 165
- “Caucasians” t-shirts are hot sellers on Canadian Indian reservations (201)
- Jon Lester, Jonny Gomes heading to Oakland for Yoenis Cespedes (165)
- ACES GALORE: The Rays trade David Price to the Tigers (137)
- Tampa Bay news station tweets classless Detroit joke following David Price trade (128)
- Rangers’ retirement gifts for Derek Jeter: Yankees cowboy boots, signed George W. Bush photo (126)