May 11, 2012, 8:56 PM EDT
Adam Dunn just did it again.
The resurgent slugger connected for a solo blast off right-hander Felipe Paulino in the bottom of the first inning tonight against the Royals. With that, he already has 11 home runs through 139 plate appearances this year after hitting just 11 over 496 plate appearances during his miserable first season with the Pale Hose.
Dunn is still striking out at a ridiculous pace, but only Josh Hamilton (15) and Matt Kemp (12) have hit more home runs so far this season. Curtis Granderson is also currently sitting at 11 home runs. Looks like we have ourselves an early candidate for comeback player of the year.
- Vin Scully will return in 2016 for his 67th season of broadcasting 6
- The Athletics have a travel-heavy 2016 schedule and unsuccessfully tried to have it altered 6
- Mariners fire general manager Jack Zduriencik 63
- Pedro Martinez wonders if bad chemistry is the reason the Tigers and Mariners are out of contention 48
- Vote of non-confidence: Reds owner says manager Bryan Price won’t be fired before the season is over 22
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 86
- Denard Span headed back to DL with hip inflammation, unlikely to return this season 10
- Report: Barry Bonds loses collusion case against MLB 40
- Sarah Palin sticks up for Curt Schilling, tells ESPN to “stick to sports” (260)
- Dan Patrick: When does ESPN cut ties with Curt Schilling? (200)
- Curt Schilling taken off of Little League World Series duty for making a really bad tweet (169)
- Curt Schilling taken off of ESPN’s Sunday Night Baseball telecast this week (134)
- Phillies announcer calls Mets fans “obnoxious” (123)