Agent “extremely concerned” with how the White Sox are handling Chris Sale

May 11, 2012, 11:51 AM EDT

Chris Sale throwing

First the White Sox moved Chris Sale from the bullpen to the rotation, then they moved him back to the bullpen after five starts, and most recently they allowed him to pitch with a sore elbow that eventually led to an MRI exam.

Meanwhile, Sale has repeatedly made it very clear that he wants to continue starting and there’s seemingly disagreement between manager Robin Ventura and pitching coach Don Cooper regarding if or when he’ll get another opportunity in the rotation.

All of which makes it something less than shocking that Sale’s agent, B.B. Abbott, contacted Mark Gonzales of the Chicago Tribune to say that he’s “extremely concerned about the way the White Sox have approached this entire situation with Chris and his future.”

Gonzales calls the handling of Sale “clumsy” and notes that “presumably Sale, and some in the hierarchy, believe he should be returned to the rotation while others think he should be in the bullpen.”

And it could be a moot point if the MRI results come back with bad news.

1. El Bravo - May 11, 2012 at 11:53 AM

Clumsy is an understatement. This guy is a starter. Period. He’s already…already!….proven himself as an SP.

• Jonny 5 - May 11, 2012 at 12:29 PM

So, uhh, you have him on your fantasy team too huh?

• El Bravo - May 11, 2012 at 12:37 PM

Actually no. My SPs are:

1. Verlander (#1 overall pick)
        2. Hamels
        3. Shields
        4. Wainwright
        5. Josh Johnson :( (maybe not for long?)
        6. J. Garcia
        7. R.A. Dickey
        8. Tim Hudson
        9. Max Scherzer (just stole him off waivers…)

2. Jonny 5 - May 11, 2012 at 12:56 PM

1.King Felix
    2.Yu Darvish
    3.Madison Bumgarner
    4.Tommy Hanson
    5.Colby Lewis
    6.Jake Peavy
    7.Doug Fister, Stole him off the scrap heap the second he came off the DL.
    8.Ryan Dempster, I had to pick him up, he’s on a tear.

Sale is eligible to be a SP or RP in my league so he fit into the RP slot along with Henry Rodriguez.

• sasquash20 - May 11, 2012 at 1:43 PM

you two in a special needs league? That is 2 quality rotations. I’ll take El Bravo’s though.

• Jonny 5 - May 11, 2012 at 2:21 PM

Yeah, he did do better than I did, but in my draft the best pitchers went very fast. Plus I drafted Madson early as a closer and , well you know how that turned out.

3. Detroit Michael - May 11, 2012 at 1:43 PM

First rule of baseball conversation: no one but you cares who is on your fantasy team.

• sasquash20 - May 11, 2012 at 1:43 PM

As a fantasy geek I do.

4. prosourcetalk - May 11, 2012 at 3:54 PM

1) I hope there is nothing seriously wrong with his elbow
    2) Put him back in the rotation you dumb f*cks

5. aclassyguyfromaclassytown - May 11, 2012 at 4:15 PM

Can we you dedicate a post to the different fantasy teams of the HBT commenters? I now am curious to El Bravo’s & Jonny 5’s offense. We could even vote on who has the best team. I know, no one cares.

Do the Angels have any weaknesses?
  1. G. Stanton (3749)