May 11, 2012, 6:07 PM EDT
The original move was made by the White Sox field staff, but Sale lobbied GM Ken Williams to remain in the rotation and will get his way.
Williams said that an MRI on Sale’s elbow came back “clean and pristine” but that he’ll continue to be monitored. Sale will be expected to be honest about the state of his arm going forward. It was concerns about his elbow and his ability to hold up as a starter that prompted last week’s switch.
Sale is 3-1 with a 2.81 ERA in five starts this season. He made one relief appearance after the move, giving up an unearned run in the eighth inning Tuesday and getting charged with a blown save.
- The benches cleared in Friday’s Giants-Rangers game 2
- The Winners and Losers at the Trade Deadline 61
- 2015 MLB Trade Deadline Tracker 11
- Report: Yoenis Cespedes heading to the New York Mets 36
- The Blue Jays pick up Ben Revere from the Phillies 62
- Cubs trade for Dan Haren 27
- Cardinals add more bullpen help, get Jonathan Broxton from Brewers 13
- Orioles trade for Brewers outfielder Gerardo Parra 19
- Blue Jays acquire David Price from the Tigers (112)
- Rangers land ace left-hander Cole Hamels from Phillies (106)
- Royals make another big move, get Ben Zobrist from A’s (95)
- Report: Rockies trade Troy Tulowitzki to Blue Jays for Jose Reyes and prospects (90)
- The Hall of Fame just made a MAJOR change to the Hall of Fame voting process (78)