May 11, 2012, 4:23 PM EDT
David Ortiz was unharmed after being involved in a mulitcar accident on Boylston Street while traveling to Friday’s game at Fenway Park.
He remains in the lineup at designated hitter.
An eyewitness told Gordon Edes of ESPN Boston that Ortiz suffered some damage to the left side of his Audi R8 and that the car was taken in for repairs. Ortiz was seen joking at scene afterwards.
The accident comes just two days after Red Sox P.A. announcer Carl Beane suffered a heart attack behind the wheel and died in a one-car crash.
- Bill Stoneman taking over as Angels’ interim GM 0
- Jerry Dipoto loses power struggle with Mike Scioscia, steps down as Angels general manager 24
- Bobby Bonilla’s isn’t the only deferred money deal in the game. And isn’t even the worst. 47
- What Yasiel Puig being a pain in the butt means. And what it doesn’t mean. 67
- Report: Jerry Dipoto “definitely out” as Angels GM 74
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 46
- Rangers activate Josh Hamilton from disabled list, send prospect Joey Gallo to Triple-A 12
- Huston Street says he’d retire if he was used like a 1970s-style fireman 51
- With the same-sex marriage decision, the San Francisco Giants get another big win (276)
- Joe Maddon is the latest manager to rip instant replay. He’s got a point. (110)
- Settling the Scores: Sunday’s results (99)
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (75)
- There was a super ump show in Chicago yesterday (75)