May 11, 2012, 4:23 PM EDT
David Ortiz was unharmed after being involved in a mulitcar accident on Boylston Street while traveling to Friday’s game at Fenway Park.
He remains in the lineup at designated hitter.
An eyewitness told Gordon Edes of ESPN Boston that Ortiz suffered some damage to the left side of his Audi R8 and that the car was taken in for repairs. Ortiz was seen joking at scene afterwards.
The accident comes just two days after Red Sox P.A. announcer Carl Beane suffered a heart attack behind the wheel and died in a one-car crash.
- A fan died at Turner Field after falling from the upper deck 0
- Mets acquire Addison Reed from the Diamondbacks 8
- Vin Scully says 2016 will be his last season of broadcasting 23
- Edwin Encarnacion slugs three home runs as Blue Jays thrash Tigers 17
- Mark Teixeira says he’s having “serious pain” when he tries to run 13
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 23
- Vin Scully will return in 2016 for his 67th season of broadcasting 43
- The Athletics have a travel-heavy 2016 schedule and unsuccessfully tried to have it altered 11
- Sarah Palin sticks up for Curt Schilling, tells ESPN to “stick to sports” (264)
- Dan Patrick: When does ESPN cut ties with Curt Schilling? (200)
- Curt Schilling taken off of Little League World Series duty for making a really bad tweet (170)
- Curt Schilling taken off of ESPN’s Sunday Night Baseball telecast this week (134)
- Phillies announcer calls Mets fans “obnoxious” (123)