May 11, 2012, 4:23 PM EDT
David Ortiz was unharmed after being involved in a mulitcar accident on Boylston Street while traveling to Friday’s game at Fenway Park.
He remains in the lineup at designated hitter.
An eyewitness told Gordon Edes of ESPN Boston that Ortiz suffered some damage to the left side of his Audi R8 and that the car was taken in for repairs. Ortiz was seen joking at scene afterwards.
The accident comes just two days after Red Sox P.A. announcer Carl Beane suffered a heart attack behind the wheel and died in a one-car crash.
- Blue Jays manager John Gibbons will return in 2015 3
- HBT Daily: Why did Frank Wren get the axe? 2
- John Schuerholz defines “The Braves Way.” And it’s a pretty big pile of crap. 57
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 26
- Frank Wren fired as Braves GM, John Hart to take over on an interim basis 42
- AND DOWN THE STRETCH THEY COME! Sizing up the final week of the regular season 36
- Must-Click Link: Derek Jeter opens up. Seriously, he really does. 46
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 58
- Geddy Lee’s baseball obsession makes it really hard for me to hate Rush (124)
- It certainly looks like Barry Bonds’ criminal conviction is going to be overturned (108)
- Ron Washington claims he resigned because he cheated on his wife (103)
- Giants CEO Larry Baer thinks advertisements on uniforms are coming soon (89)
- Umpire ejects jackwagon fan heckling Bryce Harper in Atlanta last night (85)