May 11, 2012, 4:23 PM EDT
David Ortiz was unharmed after being involved in a mulitcar accident on Boylston Street while traveling to Friday’s game at Fenway Park.
He remains in the lineup at designated hitter.
An eyewitness told Gordon Edes of ESPN Boston that Ortiz suffered some damage to the left side of his Audi R8 and that the car was taken in for repairs. Ortiz was seen joking at scene afterwards.
The accident comes just two days after Red Sox P.A. announcer Carl Beane suffered a heart attack behind the wheel and died in a one-car crash.
- Garrett Richards suffers ugly left knee injury 17
- Giants win protest, will complete rain-halted game at Wrigley Field on Thursday afternoon 30
- Royals might actually know what they are doing 27
- Curt Schilling reveals that he was diagnosed with mouth cancer, blames smokeless tobacco 70
- Clown shoes in Chicago: the Cubs grounds crew couldn’t get the tarp on the field 58
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 69
- Tony La Russa denies that Kirk Gibson’s job is safe 22
- Pirates activate Andrew McCutchen from the disabled list 2
- Mike Matheny addresses turmoil in Ferguson: “It’s a sad situation. It’s a tough situation for our city” (127)
- Here’s today’s dose of barfy Derek Jeter sentiment (82)
- Let’s speed up the pace of play. But let’s not be gimmicky about it. Let’s just enforce the rules. (74)
- Curt Schilling reveals that he was diagnosed with mouth cancer, blames smokeless tobacco (70)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (69)