May 11, 2012, 1:40 PM EDT
Everth Cabrera is hitting .325 with 13 steals at Triple-A, so what’s keeping the Padres from calling up the 25-year-old former big leaguer for some middle infield help?
Dan Hayes of the North County Times reports that Cabrera was arrested during spring training and charged with misdemeanor assault for an alleged domestic violence incident.
According to Hayes there’s a pretrial conference next week and the Padres have confirmed the arrest, with general manager Josh Byrnes saying:
We’re looking at our options to see where we can improve our roster. As it pertains to Everth, we want to be aware of his legal issues. We just have to be aware of it and we’ll act accordingly.
- Mike Trout hits for cycle in Angels’ rout of Mariners 13
- Kevin Gausman will make Orioles debut on Thursday 4
- Cubs activate Matt Garza for first start in 10 months 0
- Thanks to Jeff Loria, Miami gets shut out of the Super Bowl 22
- MLB is putting players in camouflage uniforms on Memorial Day. Which is kinda weird. 116
- MLB is putting players in camouflage uniforms on Memorial Day. Which is kinda weird. (116)
- Barry Bonds: Miguel Cabrera is the best … but not as good as me (104)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (92)
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (81)
- Albert Pujols doesn’t matter anymore (73)
- Sharks pull even with Kings
- PBT: Cavs win NBA draft lottery, will pick No. 1
- PBT: Nick Gilbert again Cavs' good luck charm
- PBT: Grizzlies figuring out Spurs after Game 2
- PBT: Spurs survive Grizzlies' late run, win in OT
- PHT: Bruins rally in third, put Rangers in 3-0 hole
- PFT: Jim Harbaugh to drive Indy 500 pace car