May 11, 2012, 1:40 PM EDT
Everth Cabrera is hitting .325 with 13 steals at Triple-A, so what’s keeping the Padres from calling up the 25-year-old former big leaguer for some middle infield help?
Dan Hayes of the North County Times reports that Cabrera was arrested during spring training and charged with misdemeanor assault for an alleged domestic violence incident.
According to Hayes there’s a pretrial conference next week and the Padres have confirmed the arrest, with general manager Josh Byrnes saying:
We’re looking at our options to see where we can improve our roster. As it pertains to Everth, we want to be aware of his legal issues. We just have to be aware of it and we’ll act accordingly.
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 49
- AL and NL Starters for the 2015 All-Star Game announced 101
- That time Manny Ramirez nearly became a Met 10
- Phillies acquire No. 1 international signing slot for 2015-2016 from the Diamondbacks 19
- Orioles activate Jonathan Schoop after 10-week absence 10
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 40
- Video: Kris Bryant hits a grand slam as part of a two-homer, six-RBI night 9
- Stephen Strasburg exits start with tightness in left side 10
- AL and NL Starters for the 2015 All-Star Game announced (101)
- Settling the Scores: Sunday’s results (99)
- Mike Scioscia says Josh Hamilton should apologize to Angels owner Arte Moreno (90)
- What Yasiel Puig being a pain in the butt means. And what it doesn’t mean. (78)
- Report: Jerry Dipoto “definitely out” as Angels GM (77)