May 11, 2012, 8:33 PM EDT
Morales, who missed a year and a half with a broken left ankle, said his Achilles has bothered him for the past three or four days. He was concerned enough to place a call to the doctor who performed the second surgery on his ankle, but he was advised that he should be fine with a couple days of rest.
“He told me it’s normal for that to bother me, since I’ve gone almost two years without playing regularly, and that I need to take a day or two off to rest,” Morales said through a translator. “There’s no real risk [of a major setback] because it’s the Achilles.”
Morales was put on anti-inflammatory medication and could be back in the starting lineup as soon as Sunday. However, he could receive an injection if the soreness lingers.
Morales, 28, is hitting .315/.344/.424 with two homers, nine RBI and a .768 OPS across 96 plate appearances this season.
- Settling the Scores: Thursday’s results 0
- Breaking: Cardinals fire their scouting director, likely due to the Astros hacking scandal 54
- Bryce Harper is naked in ESPN’s “Body Issue” 54
- Today is the day: Marlins ace Jose Fernandez returns from Tommy John surgery 4
- A-Rod, the Yankees and the union in talks to direct his $6 million home run bonus to charity 29
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 53
- Video: Joey Butler breaks up Carlos Carrasco’s no-hitter with two outs in the ninth inning 12
- Bill Stoneman taking over as Angels’ interim GM 17
- With the same-sex marriage decision, the San Francisco Giants get another big win (276)
- Settling the Scores: Sunday’s results (99)
- Report: Jerry Dipoto “definitely out” as Angels GM (77)
- What Yasiel Puig being a pain in the butt means. And what it doesn’t mean. (77)
- There was a super ump show in Chicago yesterday (75)