May 11, 2012, 11:34 AM EDT
Left-hander Robbie Ross initially had no idea that he was wearing a gray Rangers jersey in Game 2 of the doubleheader Thursday night when he started to warm up in the Rangers’ bullpen during the eighth inning.
But his fellow relievers, the TV broadcast crews from both teams and several folks in the press box noticed that Ross should have been wearing a blue top like the rest of the team.
Also: rose goes in the front, big guy.
(hat tip to Allison for the link)
- Jose Altuve breaks Craig Biggio’s franchise record, tallying his 211th hit of the season 4
- Orioles beat Blue Jays to clinch AL East title 21
- Tanner Roark dominates as Nationals clinch NL East 18
- Masahiro Tanaka to pitch on Sunday 9
- Astros shut down George Springer for the season 0
- The Blue Jays will make a qualifying offer to Melky Cabrera 24
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 34
- MLB suspends Jonathan Papelbon seven games for incident during Sunday’s game 42
- Chris Davis suspended 25 games for amphetamine use (92)
- A few thoughts about the discrimination lawsuit against the Mets (91)
- Giancarlo Stanton diagnosed with multiple facial fractures and dental damage (91)
- Bud Selig can’t remember the last domestic violence incident in Major League Baseball (88)
- A couple of initial thoughts on the Chris Davis suspension (83)