May 11, 2012, 2:44 PM EDT
When the Mets lost Ruben Tejada to a quadriceps strain earlier this week they had to turn to Justin Turner and Jordany Valdespin at shortstop because utility man Ronny Cedeno was on the disabled list with an intercostal strain of his own.
Cedeno is now off the DL and Adam Rubin of ESPN New York reports that he’ll be in the starting lineup at shortstop tonight.
That’s the good news. The bad news is that Cedeno is a career .246 hitter with a .287 on-base percentage and .353 slugging percentage.
- Why are so many people acting like Bryce Harper is a bum? 31
- It certainly looks like Barry Bonds’ criminal conviction is going to be overturned 74
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 67
- VIDEO: Derek Jeter hits first home run at Yankee Stadium this season 11
- Ron Washington claims he resigned because he cheated on his wife 99
- No, baseball does not need to “announce a domestic violence policy ASAP” 52
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 48
- Video: Rusney Castillo notches his first major league hit 7
- Ron Washington claims he resigned because he cheated on his wife (99)
- Chris Davis suspended 25 games for amphetamine use (92)
- Giancarlo Stanton diagnosed with multiple facial fractures and dental damage (91)
- Bud Selig can’t remember the last domestic violence incident in Major League Baseball (91)
- A couple of initial thoughts on the Chris Davis suspension (83)