May 11, 2012, 2:44 PM EDT
When the Mets lost Ruben Tejada to a quadriceps strain earlier this week they had to turn to Justin Turner and Jordany Valdespin at shortstop because utility man Ronny Cedeno was on the disabled list with an intercostal strain of his own.
Cedeno is now off the DL and Adam Rubin of ESPN New York reports that he’ll be in the starting lineup at shortstop tonight.
That’s the good news. The bad news is that Cedeno is a career .246 hitter with a .287 on-base percentage and .353 slugging percentage.
- Pedro Martinez wonders if bad chemistry is the reason the Tigers and Mariners are out of contention 5
- Vote of non-confidence: Reds owner says manager Bryan Price won’t be fired before the season is over 3
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 51
- Denard Span headed back to DL with hip inflammation, unlikely to return this season 4
- Report: Barry Bonds loses collusion case against MLB 39
- Jessica Mendoza to sit in for Curt Schilling on Sunday Night Baseball this week 78
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 78
- MLB “actively studying” fan safety; Phillies plan to expand netting at Citizens Bank Park 28
- Dan Patrick: When does ESPN cut ties with Curt Schilling? (199)
- Curt Schilling taken off of Little League World Series duty for making a really bad tweet (169)
- Curt Schilling taken off of ESPN’s Sunday Night Baseball telecast this week (134)
- Phillies announcer calls Mets fans “obnoxious” (122)
- Let’s all argue about team chemistry again (118)