May 11, 2012, 2:44 PM EST
When the Mets lost Ruben Tejada to a quadriceps strain earlier this week they had to turn to Justin Turner and Jordany Valdespin at shortstop because utility man Ronny Cedeno was on the disabled list with an intercostal strain of his own.
Cedeno is now off the DL and Adam Rubin of ESPN New York reports that he’ll be in the starting lineup at shortstop tonight.
That’s the good news. The bad news is that Cedeno is a career .246 hitter with a .287 on-base percentage and .353 slugging percentage.
- Roy Halladay is retiring 30
- Tony La Russa Bobby Cox, Joe Torre all unanimously elected to the Hall of Fame 28
- Tony Blengino says recent report on Seattle front office is “just the tip of the iceberg” 45
- Rakuten Golden Eagles appear likely to allow Masahiro Tanaka’s departure to MLB 46
- 2013 Winter Meetings Preview 23
- Robinson Cano agrees to $240 million deal with Mariners (260)
- Yankees agree to seven-year, $153M contract with free agent outfielder Jacoby Ellsbury (160)
- Report: Mariners willing to offer Robinson Cano a 10-year, $240 million deal (143)
- Report: Yankees have agreed to a three-year deal with Carlos Beltran (125)
- Brett Gardner is drawing “significant” trade interest (112)