May 11, 2012, 2:44 PM EDT
When the Mets lost Ruben Tejada to a quadriceps strain earlier this week they had to turn to Justin Turner and Jordany Valdespin at shortstop because utility man Ronny Cedeno was on the disabled list with an intercostal strain of his own.
Cedeno is now off the DL and Adam Rubin of ESPN New York reports that he’ll be in the starting lineup at shortstop tonight.
That’s the good news. The bad news is that Cedeno is a career .246 hitter with a .287 on-base percentage and .353 slugging percentage.
- Reds finally shut down Devin Mesoraco seven weeks after hip injury, surgery may be needed 6
- Mike Napoli continues to kill the Angels 7
- Brian Matusz suspended eight games for a foreign substance 17
- Settling the Scores: Memorial Day Edition 58
- Giants designate Casey McGehee for assignment 26
- Yan Gomes returns to the Indians’ lineup after missing six weeks with a sprained right knee 0
- Marlins jump in Clevelander pool after snapping losing streak 22
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 19
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (133)
- Bryce Harper on Marvin Hudson ejection: “I don’t think 40,000 people came to watch him ump” (132)
- Bryce Harper ejected for second time in a week (122)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (101)
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights (96)