May 11, 2012, 2:44 PM EST
When the Mets lost Ruben Tejada to a quadriceps strain earlier this week they had to turn to Justin Turner and Jordany Valdespin at shortstop because utility man Ronny Cedeno was on the disabled list with an intercostal strain of his own.
Cedeno is now off the DL and Adam Rubin of ESPN New York reports that he’ll be in the starting lineup at shortstop tonight.
That’s the good news. The bad news is that Cedeno is a career .246 hitter with a .287 on-base percentage and .353 slugging percentage.
- Blue Jays sign Dayan Viciedo to a minor league deal 8
- Chris Sale will be sidelined for three weeks with foot fracture 11
- Aramis Ramirez says 2015 will be his last year 32
- Francisco Rodriguez re-signs with the Brewers 9
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended 299
- Pirates open to massive extension for Andrew McCutchen 18
- Report: Josh Hamilton had a relapse this offseason that “involved at least cocaine” 86
- Yankees don’t plan on having to pay A-Rod’s $30 million in home run milestone bonuses 51
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended (299)
- San Francisco — and all of California — will consider a smokeless tobacco ban that includes MLB parks (131)
- Report: The Yankees were “fuming” at how A-Rod handled his early arrival to spring training (114)
- Cuban prospect Yoan Moncada reportedly signs with the Red Sox for $31.5 million, plus $31.5 million in penalties (106)
- Brian Sabean says that California taxes are a hindrance to the Giants signing free agents (102)