May 11, 2012, 9:38 AM EST
Phillies: Did you know Shane Victorino was from Hawaii?
Blue Jays: Hmm. Did not know that. Tell me more …
OK, it went beyond that, reports Ken Rosenthal, but not much beyond that. They “engaged in dialogue,” Rosenthal says. But ”no trade is close” or “even likely” at this point.
Still, after Ruben Amaro said yesterday that, if the ship isn’t righted by July, the team may be sellers makes any rumors to this effect more interesting than they otherwise would be.
- Report: Two agents rumbled in the parking lot at the Winter Meetings 28
- Mets sign 40-year-old Bartolo Colon for two years, $20 million 38
- MLB rules committee decides to eliminate collisions at home plate 59
- Mariners sign Corey Hart to incentive-laden deal 28
- David Price would not consider an extension with the Mariners if he’s traded there 35
- Robinson Cano agrees to $240 million deal with Mariners (260)
- Report: Mariners willing to offer Robinson Cano a 10-year, $240 million deal (143)
- Report: Yankees have agreed to a three-year deal with Carlos Beltran (125)
- Brett Gardner is drawing “significant” trade interest (113)
- Managers, GMs to meet today to discuss the abolition of home plate collisions (113)