May 11, 2012, 9:38 AM EST
Phillies: Did you know Shane Victorino was from Hawaii?
Blue Jays: Hmm. Did not know that. Tell me more …
OK, it went beyond that, reports Ken Rosenthal, but not much beyond that. They “engaged in dialogue,” Rosenthal says. But “no trade is close” or “even likely” at this point.
Still, after Ruben Amaro said yesterday that, if the ship isn’t righted by July, the team may be sellers makes any rumors to this effect more interesting than they otherwise would be.
- Blue Jays sign Dayan Viciedo to a minor league deal 8
- Chris Sale will be sidelined for three weeks with foot fracture 11
- Aramis Ramirez says 2015 will be his last year 32
- Francisco Rodriguez re-signs with the Brewers 9
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended 307
- Pirates open to massive extension for Andrew McCutchen 18
- Report: Josh Hamilton had a relapse this offseason that “involved at least cocaine” 86
- Yankees don’t plan on having to pay A-Rod’s $30 million in home run milestone bonuses 52
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended (307)
- Curt Schilling lowers the boom on some men tweeting threats against his daughter (134)
- San Francisco — and all of California — will consider a smokeless tobacco ban that includes MLB parks (131)
- Ichiro is happy to be away from Joe Girardi (88)
- Report: Josh Hamilton had a relapse this offseason that “involved at least cocaine” (86)