May 11, 2012, 9:38 AM EDT
Phillies: Did you know Shane Victorino was from Hawaii?
Blue Jays: Hmm. Did not know that. Tell me more …
OK, it went beyond that, reports Ken Rosenthal, but not much beyond that. They “engaged in dialogue,” Rosenthal says. But “no trade is close” or “even likely” at this point.
Still, after Ruben Amaro said yesterday that, if the ship isn’t righted by July, the team may be sellers makes any rumors to this effect more interesting than they otherwise would be.
- Jenrry Mejia gets 162-game ban for second failed PED test 0
- Nationals, Phillies agree to Jonathan Papelbon trade 15
- The Hall of Fame just made a MAJOR change to the Hall of Fame voting process 60
- Royals make another big move, get Ben Zobrist from A’s 83
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 49
- The Troy Tulowitzki trade might be the strangest deadline deal ever 40
- Report: Rockies trade Troy Tulowitzki to Blue Jays for Jose Reyes and prospects 90
- Alex Rodriguez celebrates 40th birthday with a home run 19
- The MLBPA is considering withholding cooperation with ESPN, Fox over Colin Cowherd’s comments (157)
- The Cubs are in discussions with the Phillies on Cole Hamels (146)
- MLBPAA announces “Heart and Hustle” award, given mostly to Americans and white guys (131)
- Colin Cowherd wonders how baseball can be considered “complicated” if Dominicans can understand it (129)
- Major League Baseball rips Colin Cowherd in an official statement (123)