May 11, 2012, 9:38 AM EDT
Phillies: Did you know Shane Victorino was from Hawaii?
Blue Jays: Hmm. Did not know that. Tell me more …
OK, it went beyond that, reports Ken Rosenthal, but not much beyond that. They “engaged in dialogue,” Rosenthal says. But “no trade is close” or “even likely” at this point.
Still, after Ruben Amaro said yesterday that, if the ship isn’t righted by July, the team may be sellers makes any rumors to this effect more interesting than they otherwise would be.
- Carlos Gomez diagnosed with sprained wrist 3
- Michael Wacha to start Thursday for the Cardinals 4
- We’re not going to pretend that Bo Porter had no idea what he was getting into, are we? 51
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 50
- The Cardinals have moved ahead of the Brewers for first place in the National League Central 37
- No-hitter! Four Phillies pitchers combine to blank the Braves 61
- Bo Porter fired by the Astros 56
- Settling the Score: Sunday’s results — and a reminder of what Labor Day is all about 48
- Could women play major league baseball? Sure. Right now, though, the deck is stacked against them. (221)
- Albert Pujols plays the “you never played the game!” card (104)
- Great Moments in Drug Testing and Punishment: The NFL Edition (101)
- Baseball is dying, you guys, because no one would recognize Mike Trout in a bar (76)
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights (75)