May 11, 2012, 9:38 AM EDT
Phillies: Did you know Shane Victorino was from Hawaii?
Blue Jays: Hmm. Did not know that. Tell me more …
OK, it went beyond that, reports Ken Rosenthal, but not much beyond that. They “engaged in dialogue,” Rosenthal says. But “no trade is close” or “even likely” at this point.
Still, after Ruben Amaro said yesterday that, if the ship isn’t righted by July, the team may be sellers makes any rumors to this effect more interesting than they otherwise would be.
- The Marlins are going to change everything except their biggest problem this offseason 43
- Drooling over Miguel Sano’s incredible numbers through 50 career games 33
- Matt Williams puts up another strong performance in his quest to get himself fired 103
- Settling the Scores: Tuesday’s results 81
- Yankees reveal Mark Teixeira’s shin injury is “more than we thought” 16
- There’s a chicken pox outbreak in the Royals’ clubhouse and multiple players are infected 28
- Shoeless Joe Jackson is not being reinstated 67
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 66
- Sarah Palin sticks up for Curt Schilling, tells ESPN to “stick to sports” (266)
- Matt Williams puts up another strong performance in his quest to get himself fired (104)
- Why Mike Mussina keeps getting hosed in the Hall of Fame voting (89)
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights (87)
- Settling the Scores: Tuesday’s results (81)