May 12, 2012, 3:02 PM EDT
Another day, another home run for Josh Hamilton.
After striking out in his first two at-bats against former teammate C.J. Wilson this afternoon, Hamilton just slugged a solo home run to right in the bottom of the sixth inning to tie the Angels at 2-2. He is reaching new levels of ridiculousness.
Hamilton now has 18 home runs on the season, including eight in his last five and nine in his last six. He is just the second player since 1918 to hit 18 home runs in his team’s first 34 games, joining Cy Williams of the 1923 Phillies. And hey, today’s game isn’t even over yet.
- Jonathan Papelbon makes it clear, again: He wants out of Philadelphia 51
- Looking at the All-Star team snubs and surprises 71
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 52
- “Final Vote” balloting opens for 2015 MLB All-Star Game 51
- Pitchers and reserves for 2015 MLB All-Star Game announced 67
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 51
- AL and NL Starters for the 2015 All-Star Game announced 107
- That time Manny Ramirez nearly became a Met 10
- AL and NL Starters for the 2015 All-Star Game announced (107)
- Mike Scioscia says Josh Hamilton should apologize to Angels owner Arte Moreno (90)
- What Yasiel Puig being a pain in the butt means. And what it doesn’t mean. (78)
- Report: Jerry Dipoto “definitely out” as Angels GM (77)
- Looking at the All-Star team snubs and surprises (71)