May 12, 2012, 3:02 PM EDT
Another day, another home run for Josh Hamilton.
After striking out in his first two at-bats against former teammate C.J. Wilson this afternoon, Hamilton just slugged a solo home run to right in the bottom of the sixth inning to tie the Angels at 2-2. He is reaching new levels of ridiculousness.
Hamilton now has 18 home runs on the season, including eight in his last five and nine in his last six. He is just the second player since 1918 to hit 18 home runs in his team’s first 34 games, joining Cy Williams of the 1923 Phillies. And hey, today’s game isn’t even over yet.
- Cliff Lee exits start with recurrence of flexor pronator strain 6
- 2014 Trade Deadline Tracker 46
- ACES GALORE: The Rays trade David Price to the Tigers 128
- Red Sox trade John Lackey to Cardinals for Allen Craig and Joe Kelly 88
- The Lester trade is a win-win 112
- Jon Lester, Jonny Gomes heading to Oakland for Yoenis Cespedes 165
- The State of the Trade Deadline: Yesterday was pretty sleepy. Will general managers wake up today? 40
- Cardinals acquire Justin Masterson from Indians 49
- “Caucasians” t-shirts are hot sellers on Canadian Indian reservations (199)
- Jon Lester, Jonny Gomes heading to Oakland for Yoenis Cespedes (165)
- ACES GALORE: The Rays trade David Price to the Tigers (128)
- Rangers’ retirement gifts for Derek Jeter: Yankees cowboy boots, signed George W. Bush photo (124)
- The Lester trade is a win-win (112)