May 12, 2012, 3:02 PM EDT
Another day, another home run for Josh Hamilton.
After striking out in his first two at-bats against former teammate C.J. Wilson this afternoon, Hamilton just slugged a solo home run to right in the bottom of the sixth inning to tie the Angels at 2-2. He is reaching new levels of ridiculousness.
Hamilton now has 18 home runs on the season, including eight in his last five and nine in his last six. He is just the second player since 1918 to hit 18 home runs in his team’s first 34 games, joining Cy Williams of the 1923 Phillies. And hey, today’s game isn’t even over yet.
- Mariners prospect Victor Sanchez has died 3
- 2015 Preview: Chicago White Sox 15
- Did David Ortiz admit to more than he realized with his Players’ Tribune editorial? 81
- 2015 Preview: Atlanta Braves 15
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” 115
- 2015 Preview: Chicago Cubs 14
- Unsigned 2014 No. 1 overall pick Brady Aiken undergoes Tommy John surgery 61
- 2015 Preview: Seattle Mariners 15
- Ex-Cardinals outfielder Curt Ford was assaulted in St. Louis and told to “go back to Ferguson” (116)
- College baseball player cut after making offensive tweet about Mo’ne Davis (115)
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” (115)
- Rob Manfred says it would be hard to reinstate Pete Rose in a limited way (89)
- Mo’ne Davis says college ballplayer who wrote an offensive tweet about her deserves a second chance (88)