May 12, 2012, 3:02 PM EDT
Another day, another home run for Josh Hamilton.
After striking out in his first two at-bats against former teammate C.J. Wilson this afternoon, Hamilton just slugged a solo home run to right in the bottom of the sixth inning to tie the Angels at 2-2. He is reaching new levels of ridiculousness.
Hamilton now has 18 home runs on the season, including eight in his last five and nine in his last six. He is just the second player since 1918 to hit 18 home runs in his team’s first 34 games, joining Cy Williams of the 1923 Phillies. And hey, today’s game isn’t even over yet.
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 10
- Report: Cubs calling up prospect infielder Addison Russell 14
- Jonathan Lucroy headed to disabled list with broken toe 8
- Reds manager Bryan Price goes on profanity-laden tirade against media 57
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 75
- Report: Marlins manager Mike Redmond is on the hot seat 41
- Five Royals ejected in Sunday’s series finale against the Athletics 88
- White Sox will promote Carlos Rodon on Monday 14
- The Commissioner’s Office thinks that the Angels could indeed go after Josh Hamilton under his contract (153)
- “We no longer need the terrorists. We’re now so good at terrorizing ourselves.” (143)
- Another argument in favor of making the DH universal (129)
- When it comes to Josh Hamilton, Arte Moreno is a craven opportunist, not a “smart businessman” (116)
- Joe Buck has a truly awful suggestion about how to improve MLB broadcasts (111)