May 12, 2012, 3:02 PM EDT
Another day, another home run for Josh Hamilton.
After striking out in his first two at-bats against former teammate C.J. Wilson this afternoon, Hamilton just slugged a solo home run to right in the bottom of the sixth inning to tie the Angels at 2-2. He is reaching new levels of ridiculousness.
Hamilton now has 18 home runs on the season, including eight in his last five and nine in his last six. He is just the second player since 1918 to hit 18 home runs in his team’s first 34 games, joining Cy Williams of the 1923 Phillies. And hey, today’s game isn’t even over yet.
- Rangers catcher Geovany Soto arrested for marijuana possession 52
- Babe Ruth made his major league debut 100 years ago today 46
- Rockies owner: “maybe Denver doesn’t deserve a franchise . . . maybe time for it to find a new home” 76
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 33
- Masahiro Tanaka diagnosed with partially-torn UCL in elbow 112
- Yadier Molina to miss 8-12 weeks with a torn thumb ligament 31
- Carlos Beltran placed on concussion disabled list after batting practice mishap 16
- Derek Jeter is the most popular MLB jersey this year 16
- Shocker: the Red Sox publicly criticize A.J. Pierzynski after cutting him (190)
- John Lackey on Nelson Cruz: “Not even going to comment … I’ve got nothing to say about him” (143)
- Masahiro Tanaka diagnosed with partially-torn UCL in elbow (113)
- The 2014 All-Star rosters have been announced (103)
- Giants broadcaster says Angel Hernandez “does not belong in the big leagues” (102)