May 12, 2012, 8:44 AM EDT
Inge went 2-for-4 with a home run and four RBI last night as the Athletics topped the Tigers 11-4. It was Inge’s second straight night with a home run against his former team and the fourth game in his last five where he homered and drove in four runs. The 34-year-old third baseman had three home runs all of last season.
The most ridiculous part of it all? Inge is the first player to have four games with four RBI or more in five-game span since Lou Gehrig in 1931. Inge and Gehrig, forever linked in history. Baseball, I love you, but you’re crazy.
Your Friday box scores:
Cubs 7, Brewers 8 (13 innings)
Braves 9, Cardinals 7 (12 innings)
- Report: MLB likely to adjust rules for plays at home and transfer catches 8
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 17
- Giancarlo Stanton sends the Marlins to victory with a walk-off grand slam 21
- Jason Bartlett will retire after 10 years in the big leagues 10
- Pirates acquire Ike Davis in a trade with the Mets 47
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (248)
- “They Don’t Know Henry” (167)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (125)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (112)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (96)